NVIDIA GeForce 9900 Series Set for July Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen. SLI is unreliable at best.

You have SLI? probably not.. Go talk to the people at NVIDIA or SLIZONE.COM

SLI is suprisingly very good and reliable... the software that connects the hardware is superior to what it once was and continues to evolve behind your back. It is actually amazing how much it can transform your system and how well it works.

well i think instead of buying another 9600gt for sli, i'll keep the one i have to hold me out untill this card is $500-$600 and buy one...

You have SLI? probably not.. Go talk to the people at NVIDIA or SLIZONE.COM

SLI is suprisingly very good and reliable... the software that connects the hardware is superior to what it once was and continues to evolve behind your back. It is actually amazing how much it can transform your system and how well it works.

Well....it is just that every game does not take advantage of it....rendering it useless in alot of games.....some games scale well, but alot of games don't even scale half-way good!

Sli can be a big pain in the butt.

Give me that argument again when All games scale well with SLI. Pay double the price for something should at least show a 75% improvement Minimum, across the board. Not 40% here, 80% there, 65% over there.

It can keep evolving behind my back just fine. And I'll keep ignoring it untill it evolves to a point where it's worth my time/effort and Hard-earned money.

Flame me all you want, I've been eyeballing SLI for a long time. Untill it's got rock solid performance on a rock solid motherboard, no thanks.

Flame me all you want, I've been eyeballing SLI for a long time. Untill it's got rock solid performance on a rock solid motherboard, no thanks.

I am flaming no one.. I am saying that it isn't even here yet and the true potential for these cards in SLI hasn't reached up but will in the near future... NVIDIA team is working on that as we speak... drivers are being released that will prove us all wrong when it comes to SLI.

So one post you're telling me its amazing and reliable, and I don't know because I don't have it. Then in the next you're saying it's not even released yet and they're working on it.

I'm saying that they've never shown me anything impressive and rock solid when it comes to SLI and I don't think the GX2 is going to be any different, For Now. You forget this isn't the first time they released a dual GPU?

I'm not saying it will never get better. I hope it does because noone is releasing a single GPU solution powerful enough to do what it should. And games are just going to keep advancing. So without SLI I'll be effectively screwed unless the 9900GTX is a godsend.

They've been working on drivers to prove us wrong for ages. This is nothing new.

So....

Do you think the price for the 9600GT will drop at all when the 9900 comes out? Not that it should but does anyone think it will?

They've been working on drivers to prove us wrong for ages. This is nothing new.

Indeed but I talked to some guy named "Awesh" from NVIDIA and he told me how they were going to improve the SLI function in the 9800GX2... Don't know how it will turn out but it seems promising... Though some games have a hard time supporting SLI..and other games don't support SLI.. the number of the games that do support SLI is increasing and will make SLI even better...

Yes... price will drop depending on what the 9900's specs are.. I believe it will do like the Q6600 and the Q6700 did.. price goes down for a while... then shoots up.. then stays at a reasonable lower price for a while.. then a really new piece comes out and the price goes very low.. then it becomes discontinued, lol

SLI is only going to keep improving. There just isnt any more room to brute force a card anymore. The g80 was HUGE and cost a ton. Nvidia and ATI are both moving more and more towards multiple cards rather than single expensive cards. And if you people really believe that the next huge jump in architecture is going to come out in july, then please, puff puff pass, because its just not going to happen.

Indeed but I talked to some guy named "Awesh" from NVIDIA and he told me how they were going to improve the SLI function in the 9800GX2... Don't know how it will turn out but it seems promising... Though some games have a hard time supporting SLI..and other games don't support SLI.. the number of the games that do support SLI is increasing and will make SLI even better...

Yes... price will drop depending on what the 9900's specs are.. I believe it will do like the Q6600 and the Q6700 did.. price goes down for a while... then shoots up.. then stays at a reasonable lower price for a while.. then a really new piece comes out and the price goes very low.. then it becomes discontinued, lol

did u expect them to say that SLI would not improve? especially on a newly released card based on SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom