NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT Pictured

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
8800GT.jpg

NVIDIA's latest GeForce 8800GT (G92) video card will be clocked at 600MHz core and 1.8GHz memory, and will feature single slot cooling, at least according to the leaked picture. The reference 3DMark06 score provided by NVIDIA is 10769 marks. The launch date is said to be brought forward to October 29th.

Source: techPowerUp!

I think it would be too early, to say anything about the 9 series. Since it's not coming out until next year.

We heard the overclocking headroom for GeForce 8800 GT is pretty impressive mainly due to the finer 65nm process technology. However, Nvidia has purposely limits the core clock at 600MHz so its performance won't get too close to the GeForce 8800 GTS thereby hurt its sales. However, users can still choose to overclock the core and we should be seeing more than 700MHz easily. However, if Radeon HD 2950PRO performance comes too close for comfort, Nvidia might increase the core clock further.

Source: vr-zone

It seems that 8800GT is going to be a monster in overclocking

Hmm that's a very smooth and sleek looking design there. This'll most likely be my next upgrade, assuming the price is low enough. If it's less than $200 then I'm sold.

10769?!? is this a low end or high end card??, I know is suppose to be a "mainstream" card something like that but that score is something not right imo, when I first build this PC back in early August my PC score around 10503 in 3Dmark06.

wow... 10769 for 3dmark06? that ain't bad.... but we all saw it coming that its 1 slotter

wow... 10769 for 3dmark06? that ain't bad.... but we all saw it coming that its 1 slotter

Dude! That's not that far under an 8800GTS.

That things SO much smaller then my 8800GTS! Holly cow. I'm impressed.

Smaller size and just about as good as a GTS for hopefully a good amount less.

10769?!? is this a low end or high end card??, I know is suppose to be a "mainstream" card something like that but that score is something not right imo, when I first build this PC back in early August my PC score around 10503 in 3Dmark06.

Dude I know!!!! Seriously, that's what I'm saying. That's right around what my GTS got at stock clocks.

Dude! That's not that far under an 8800GTS.

i know...

thats my point... AMD and Nvidia are doing great in their lesser of their cards.... loads of people can overclock their mini-cards to their latter

i know...

thats my point... AMD and Nvidia are doing great in their lesser of their cards.... loads of people can overclock their mini-cards to their latter

Yes really, this is quite impressive and good news. People seem to be getting alot more card for their money.

I'm excited to see how the 9 series is going to be, whenever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom