Nvidia G92 is the 8700GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not the same as intel and AMD as intel has 80% of the market
and i think the XTX will outperform the ultra, i'm estimating there will be a 784 mb version and a 1.5gb version

I love how you buy into ATIs crap, how long was the R600 in development? All through that long time everyone kept saying the R600 would BLOW the 8800 series away blah blah, over and over. Then once it FINALLY came out, it was total crap.
It wasn't total crap, and still isn't.

the R600 GPU is more powerful than G80. It's just drivers that are hindering it somewhat.

OK...the xtx'x will come out and maybe out perform the ultra...and then nvidia will come out with their new line hopefully next christmas and whop ati's ... again!!! Its a whole big cycle...same with Intel and AMD.

THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT... its a never ending cycle between what gets better.... GABB you need to chill out.. its been this way since like... FOREVER... technology keeps beating one another... and blah blah blah. everyone keeps bithcin, so shut it!

It wasn't total crap, and still isn't.

the R600 GPU is more powerful than G80. It's just drivers that are hindering it somewhat.

powerful cause it gets better synthetic benchmarks? Who cares about that, its all about performance, and for that people go with the G80. When I said it was total crap I ment during its release, sure its improved, but the G80 series still beats it in gaming performance, the main reason why people buy powerful graphic cards

THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT... its a never ending cycle between what gets better.... GABB you need to chill out.. its been this way since like... FOREVER... technology keeps beating one another... and blah blah blah. everyone keeps bithcin, so shut it!

I wasn't claiming anything, Im just sick of people "predicting" the future like that guy did. Before the R600 release there was gazillions of posts proclaiming how ATI would come back and whoop nvidia back to the stone age with the R600. Didn't exactly happen like that...

I wasn't claiming anything, Im just sick of people "predicting" the future like that guy did. Before the R600 release there was gazillions of posts proclaiming how ATI would come back and whoop nvidia back to the stone age with the R600. Didn't exactly happen like that...

lol i know what you mean by that exactly, but they still havent released their higher end... if they ever do...

powerful cause it gets better synthetic benchmarks?
no, powerful because it's just that: powerful. As determined by the architecture of the GPU itself.
As in, the R600 GPU is capable of doing more than G80. It's just let down by drivers.
Who cares about that
not you, clearly.

Do you still stand by your claim that the R600 is "total crap"?

Because benchmarks show that it often outperforms 8800 GTS, and sometimes GTX. With current drivers.

And this is coming from an 8800 GTS owner.

no, powerful because it's just that: powerful. As determined by the architecture of the GPU itself.
As in, the R600 GPU is capable of doing more than G80. It's just let down by drivers.
not you, clearly.

Do you still stand by your claim that the R600 is "total crap"?

Because benchmarks show that it often outperforms 8800 GTS, and sometimes GTX. With current drivers.

And this is coming from an 8800 GTS owner.

To me personally, it doesn't matter whats on paper or what the technical specs are to me, point is it loses in actual real world performance in games. You can't just say "its let down by its drivers", there may be so much more to the situation. None of us are video card designers/engineers and we truly don't know all the kinks behind them, what we do know thought is the performance and thats what Ill go on.

To me personally, it doesn't matter whats on paper or what the technical specs are to me, point is it loses in actual real world performance in games.
Not always. It beats GTX a lot of the time with current drivers.

You can't just say "its let down by its drivers"
Actually, you can.

there may be so much more to the situation.
Then why is the performance of R600 always getting better with newer drivers?

None of us are video card designers/engineers and we truly don't know all the kinks behind them
That doesn't mean we can't know something about them.
what we do know thought is the performance and thats what Ill go on.
yeah, and the performance of the X2900 is very good. Even if the drivers are letting it down.

isnt it true that the ati's card also performs better in sli (well cross fire) than what g80 does? i heard the 3dmark score is alot higher with dual cards for ati's r600. but the g80 still needs improvement on their drivers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom