Nvidia 9 Series in Feb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is there won't really be a mid level for a while. It will be just like the 8 series and only have high end cards for a while. This way they can keep using the 8800gt and 8800gts2 for the mids.

Well, I'm waiting to a make a build in January, Nvidia would be smart to release it around the launch of Intel's new quad-cores. I just hope that they do something about pricing... graphics cards are almost always the most expensive piece in the system. An 8800GT being equal to, or more expensive than a Q6600 doesn't make any sense to me at all. Graphics cards need to have a $300 cap for ultimate performance, I mean, $700-$800 for the Ultras when they first came out was ridiculous

As for D9E and D9P, those are probably codenames, like R600 and G92

Well, I'm waiting to a make a build in January, Nvidia would be smart to release it around the launch of Intel's new quad-cores. I just hope that they do something about pricing... graphics cards are almost always the most expensive piece in the system. An 8800GT being equal to, or more expensive than a Q6600 doesn't make any sense to me at all. Graphics cards need to have a $300 cap for ultimate performance, I mean, $700-$800 for the Ultras when they first came out was ridiculous

As for D9E and D9P, those are probably codenames, like R600 and G92

Amen :)

Not sure on the price drops but I hope the 8800gt runs around 150-200 after 9 series comes out. And the step up is EVGA's step up program. You can trade in your evga card within 90 days to step up to a newer card and you pay the difference I think.

EVGA | Step-Up Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom