nVidia 8800 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashogun

(>-_-)>
For those who have a 8800gtx/ultra or other 8series models, what driver are you running with? I've been downloading and loading many drivers and some are horrible.

I'm currently running the NGO 158.22 optimized driver which runs with slightly more fps on stress tests, but it freezes on some benchmarks. I've tried the 158.22 from nVidia's site but it doesn't seem to perform as well as the NGO 158.22 driver.

For those who have a 8800gtx/ultra or other 8series models, what driver are you running with? I've been downloading and loading many drivers and some are horrible.

I'm currently running the NGO 158.22 optimized driver which runs with slightly more fps on stress tests, but it freezes on some benchmarks. I've tried the 158.22 from nVidia's site but it doesn't seem to perform as well as the NGO 158.22 driver.

why get any drivers that isn't from nvidia themselves? I would think they know the best about their own chipset

the NGO 158.22 runs everything so far that I've tested as nVidia's 158.22 driver. The only difference is that NGO performs better in benchmarks. Some of nVidia's drivers are also in beta, so there may be random problems.

i always try to look for third party drivers because sometimes they turn out to fix problems that nvidia ignore.

On my old build i had 6800gs and on cs:s the shadows where green and people in the dark turned out looking white. It was quite annoying and almost every nvidia driver i used had this problem. I tried some thrid party driver and it turned out to fix the problem with no questions asked

I'm using 158.22 and it has ran the best for me so far. I've noticed that my framerate in Rainbow 6: Vegas has improved significantly since I just reinstalled it, but this may have been due to a game patch instead of driver updates.

ive never even tried third party drivers before. if these are better i might try them on my gtx. i believe the beta ones are 153.11

I've yet to experience drivers that correctly apply fixed aspect ratio scaling, and that's due to me only using NVIDIA drivers. My widescreen monitor doesn't scale by itself, so I'm left to simply wait for newer drivers, and even then the newer ones haven't fixed the problem. 162.18 is absolutely horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom