Before I ask any questions, here's a bit of extra information: a while back I was scheming around a $1000 build (http://pcpartpicker.com/user/battleof3/saved/kBCgXL) (which PP saw [said because he's usually first to reply
]). I've still been working chores and saving in general, but still haven't enough currency. I've been getting reckless and impatient, and at this point I have about $450 saved. In my impatience I put together a couple part lists. This brings me to my first question:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/battleof3/saved/fncFf7 and http://pcpartpicker.com/user/battleof3/saved/M2HQzy are the part lists I put together. As you can see, only one thing changes--the CPU. IF I were to buy now and upgrade later, which of these would be the better option? I could obviously get the $492 faster (I don't count rebates--you don't get the money back until months later), but would it be better to go for the i3 machine (I'll be doing heavier gaming, recording, streaming and LIGHT video editing)? I could obviously get lesser parts, but I'm keeping upgradability in mind if I go with the option of buying now.
My more broad question--more important one, too--is should I wait longer or buy now and upgrade later? I know for a fact that game engines are about to get a TON better, and awesome new techs are being brought into the mainstream. But I'm so far behind the curb of gaming that I'm still stuck in Minecraft-and-original-Tomb-Raider-land, and I'd like to experience games up to now.
Anyways, any help is very much appreciated. Keep in mind that I'm on mobile--any pictures/videos should be in the form of a link. Apologies for poor formatting--again, mobile.
-------------------Love and best regards,