Now for the Graphics Card, Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
Now it is time for me to buy a graphics card for my new build.

I want to spend as LEAST amount of cash as possible, and I am NOT looking to run the crytek engine at 9999999999999 Fps.

I just want a card capable of playing Left 4 Dead, and Left 4 Dead 2, at about 30-60 fps, at medium and high settings. Here is one card that I saw that is fairly cheap Newegg.com - Apollo AP-HD4670 256MB Radeon HD 4670 256MB 128-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

But for some reason that card gives me a bad feeling, probably lacking in performance somehow.

Then I saw this one Newegg.com - XFX HD-435X-YAH2 Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Extremely cheap and there are people claiming that it plays css at 200 fps and left 4 dead at 100 fps.

For 40 dollars? I am definetely willing to take the chance. The most I will spend will be like 80-90 dollars. But like I said, I want to pay the least amount of money possible.

Any suggestions?

Hm. Well for 100 dollars, and it can play all of the modern games out today?

I guess it seems like a good deal. I'll see if they have it at Compusa.

yea the 4770 is a great card for the money. usually gets like 1-3 fps less than the 4850 and it's $30ish cheaper in most cases

A HD 4670 like you originally posted should be able to max out left 4 dead without a problem if you aren't running at to high of a resolution. (>=1680x1050)

I play L4D and use an hd 4670 -- I think it's the perfect card for your needs. Low power, very quiet, low heat, small, and plays L4D on max settings at 1680x1050 resolution. I'm sure I would even do better, but my cpu tends to be on the slow side -- it's an x2 4000.

You know your needs more than anyone, if what you stated is all you really want out of your video card (then you are like me), the hd 4670 will be perfect for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom