Now a good time to build a high performance pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAM isnt an issue when going dual core.. but dont bash him guys, we all had our times.

1) if you have the money, the 4600
3)2X 1 gig sticks.. having four sticks slows it down

Now is pretty awful time to buy, new tech is just round th corner, the new cores/sockets from amd and intel + the new dx10 gfx chips will be main stream this year so just wait.

MrCoffee said:
Now is pretty awful time to buy, new tech is just round th corner, the new cores/sockets from amd and intel + the new dx10 gfx chips will be main stream this year so just wait.

Any idea when this year?

Yep, now is a rotten time to buy hardware. Especially considering that whatever gaming hardware you buy won't work for most of 2007. 2 major things coming out; Intel 'Conroe' and GeForce 8. They're both in the July-ish timeframe, though nothing is set in stone yet.

the general said:
hopefully before christmas

Well would you say those things are worth waiting for? Because this comp was gonna be kind of like a bday present to myself(I turn 21 in may). How significant are those things?

Green Radience said:
Yep, now is a rotten time to buy hardware. Especially considering that whatever gaming hardware you buy won't work for most of 2007. 2 major things coming out; Intel 'Conroe' and GeForce 8. They're both in the July-ish timeframe, though nothing is set in stone yet.

Why wont the geforce 8 work with the system I wanna build?

Green Radience said:

correction: 3 major things coming out

1. AMD's new socket AM2 ( i hear they have technology to make two cores act like one, the opposite of how hyper threading makes one core seem like two but usefull :p )

2. the intel thing

3. Geforce 8 Series!

Socket AM2 isn't really something big. Its just a refreshing of K8, and DDR2 is a nonevent. It can be ignored as far as I'm concerned.

Someone said that AMD is going to DDR2 because Intel is already at DDR2 and DDR looks primitive compared to DDR2 when a non-enthusiast is comparing two PCs. I might have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom