Now that the core I7s are out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueSeven

In Runtime
will all the core 2 processors start going down in price?

i notice a lot of core 2 quads are more expensive then the cheapest core i7 yet the cheapest core i7 has been shown to work better then the core 2 extreme in come cases. i have a Q6600 and was throwing around the possibility of getting a 45nm quad core but it seems like it would be more logical to save up and buy another gig of ddr3 ram and get a nehalem processor and mobo

Technology is rising so fast, time takes everything with a full mouth.
Time is your best friend when it comes to prices.
Its just the urge to always want the new and improved.

i notice a lot of core 2 quads are more expensive then the cheapest core i7 yet the cheapest core i7 has been shown to work better then the core 2 extreme in come cases. i have a Q6600 and was throwing around the possibility of getting a 45nm quad core but it seems like it would be more logical to save up and buy another gig of ddr3 ram and get a nehalem processor and mobo

Nah, some might.. (aka the 45nm's) otherwise the q6600's and the q9450 and below are discontinued

if your just gaming its really not going to be worth the hassle but if your into benching I would say save up and go for it. You can still sell the quad for $140 maybe alittle more if its a good clocker. I find selling boards alittle hard especially if its a higher end board of a given chipset. ie: my board is $280 but I know I'm not getting anywhere near that much for it since x58 boards are the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom