nothing happens >:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

levon11

Baseband Member
ok so i built my computer for the first time.. connected all the wiring.. i think , but nothing happens when i click start.. Is there supose to be a green light on the motherboard to tell me that it works?.. if there is.. i dont see it
i need help..

My first build was almost heart breaking. I spent three hours putting everything together, going over the wiring and making sure to be extra careful about static electricity.

I finally close the case and plug it all up and then hit the power button. Nothing. I hit it again. Nothing. I start panicking, unplugging everything and putting it all back together. After a frantic hour of messing with the computer I put everything back together and gave up. Right then my brother came in and hit the light switch and I saw the mobo light turn on. I had forgotten that the outlet I had plugged it into was connected to a light switch.

Just take a step back and calmly look over the obvious things first, make sure all the wires are connected. Make sure you have two plugs from your PSU to your MoBo (1x4 pin, 1x24 pin). When the board has power sometimes it'll have a light, but not all do. Make sure your power button from your case hooks onto your motherboard. When you hit the power button you should see fans moving at least if everything is hooked up right.

Good Luck!

My first build was almost heart breaking. I spent three hours putting everything together, going over the wiring and making sure to be extra careful about static electricity.

I finally close the case and plug it all up and then hit the power button. Nothing. I hit it again. Nothing. I start panicking, unplugging everything and putting it all back together. After a frantic hour of messing with the computer I put everything back together and gave up. Right then my brother came in and hit the light switch and I saw the mobo light turn on. I had forgotten that the outlet I had plugged it into was connected to a light switch.

Just take a step back and calmly look over the obvious things first, make sure all the wires are connected. Make sure you have two plugs from your PSU to your MoBo (1x4 pin, 1x24 pin). When the board has power sometimes it'll have a light, but not all do. Make sure your power button from your case hooks onto your motherboard. When you hit the power button you should see fans moving at least if everything is hooked up right.

Good Luck!

LOL.... i did that with my Extension cord... (except i didn't hit the on switch on the extension cord) i was ready to take it apart.. but then my toe hit the swtich and it went up...

Check the jumpers on the motherboard that connect the power and reset switches, Your on switch won't work if it's not connected. And also, look for an onboard power switch and try that ( if your mobo has it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom