Not sure what to choose: AMD or Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that can be said for both series of processors. The basic principle is simply upping the FSB, but the first thing that comes to mind is changing the Memory:FSB ratio, because the memory would become too stressed at it's stock speeds. Also, you can only raise the FSB so far before you have to raise the vCore as well, same for the vDimms for the RAM.

The main problem for me was just switching from AMD concepts to Intel ones. I had zero experience with Intel processors before that time because the Pentium 4 was just not worth the effort to learn to overclock.

And don't bother looking for C2D overclocking material, there's nothing out there. Nothing good, anyway. Everything is like the barebones version of an overclocking guide. For AMD, on the other hand, OC Forums has some friggin' excellent guides that are worth their bytes in gold. I was thinking about writing a C2D guide myself, but I tossed that idea since I'm not that much into hardware anymore, and I don't help people nearly as much as I used to. I had to find out by asking questions on forums, etc. Painful process, but it worked out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom