Is this normal, Just built... ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dm3k1

Solid State Member
I just finished putting together my new pc, take it to my room, plug everything in and turn on... sounded louder than it should. and froze. Turned off and unplugged all the case fans and tryed again. Still loud, left it on to find where it was comming from and I beleive its comming from my PSU. I know many people have memory troubles and whatnot but that wouldnt have anything to do with it? It sounds like the PSU is overloaded, however I unplugged all my fans and am running my Xfi sound card, radeon x1950PRO, core 2 duo e6300, corsair twin2048xmsc4 ram (dc), 2 hdd's and 2 opticals. That still puts some load onto a PSU i understand, however the CPU i am currently running (which worked fine yesterday on my old build, is 500W (should be sufficient? even with case fans...)

Let me know what you guys think, Is this as normal problem? any suggestions about what it might be. What happens is when I turn on the power my computer freezes on the startup screen before I can enter set-up, or press tab to see post.

I am running a asus p5n-e sli board if it helps.

Get a good quality PSU, it does sound like the PSU is stuffing up.

my Silverstone ST60F is great, its modular too. I would recommend a St60f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom