Noobies Please Read (DX10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deathawk said:
SO WHAT IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 200 DOLLARS AND LESS THAN 350 DOLLARS, WHICH IS ABOUT THE LOWEST DX10 CARD? DO YOU JUST NOT BUY ANYTHING LOL?

If you want to spend that much money on a graphics card, more power to you. My suggestion was just so people could save a little money, maybe put it into something else in your system?

This topic is rather offensive... the topic starter is calling everyone who buys a $200'ish dx9 card a noobie. The dx10 cards cost two or three times as much and to many people it's just not worth it. Alexsabree, if you have a lot of money, and you think it's worth it to spend on something you don't really enjoy any benefits from just now, then please do as you wish. But don't trick people into thinking the only clever thing to do is to buy a dx10 card.

dont buy DX10 card until later this year, when-
A. more games utilize it
B. prices are cheaper
C. More card are out to choose from

no point in getting one now.

I've been completed enlightened by the latter part of this topic. It makes complete sense to upgrade later, as DX10 is brand new, and isin't widely used to it's full potential. But, in time, DX10 will definately be worth it.

Actually... what i think Alex is saying is that... why buy a x1950xtx DX9 Kick *** card, WHEN u can buy a 8800GTS for the same price that Stomps ANY ATI or Nvidia DX9 card out rite now and its capable of DX10 for when Crysis and SC, CoH... all those games get patched for DX10... it makes sense... If i was int the market for a high end card... then 88oo is the way to go... i seen this post the other day about someone wanting to spend 400+ on a new card but didnt want to go DX10.... ?!?! WTH not?

And BTW... if u wait in this biz 9 times outta 10 u lose... sometimes u come out good other times not so good... my advice is buy a 8800 card... I PROMISE u will not be disapointed, ive seen these cards work, their monsters..

my 2 cents

hmammen said:
dont buy DX10 card until later this year, when-
A. more games utilize it
B. prices are cheaper
C. More card are out to choose from

no point in getting one now.

I think you nailed it right there. My opinion 100%.

BuddyRo said:
Actually... what i think Alex is saying is that... why buy a x1950xtx DX9 Kick *** card, WHEN u can buy a 8800GTS for the same price that Stomps ANY ATI or Nvidia DX9 card out rite now and its capable of DX10 for when Crysis and SC, CoH... all those games get patched for DX10... it makes sense... If i was in the market for a high end card... then 88oo is the way to go... i seen this post the other day about someone wanting to spend 400+ on a new card but didnt want to go DX10.... ?!?! WTH not?

I Completely Agree 100% why go out and spend 400+ on a direct X 9 card when you can pay the same amount for a Direct X10 Card which would in turn potentially save you some $$$.

As I've already said elsewhere, the real attractiveness of the 8800 is its monster power. DirectX 10 is not important right now and should only be seen as a minor bonus.

It all depends on how much you want to spend on a video card (knowing that every $ spent will be well compensated). DX10 support has nothing to do with it. If you can afford an 8800, go for it; it beats every other card in the market.

Deathawk said:
SO WHAT IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 200 DOLLARS AND LESS THAN 350 DOLLARS, WHICH IS ABOUT THE LOWEST DX10 CARD? DO YOU JUST NOT BUY ANYTHING LOL?

lol buy a friggin 7900gs and play everything way high on the food chain except -urp- maybe oblivion, but i dont play it anyway.
200 bucks save your bread and wait for the competition to answer. to the guy who said - in this biz (lol) 9 out of ten times you lose if you wait- yeah right...what about the people who bought my cpu for 350 bucks, then c2d comes out and you can buy it for 160? DOH? i think they lost. how about the people who pay 400 bucks for a 8800gts and three months later when r600 comes out they are 250? DOH? i think they lost. what about those new c2d cpu's (the number escapes me) that are going to have 2mb L2 same as their big brothers and cost like 130 dollars or some absurd figure...?
the correct wording of your point would be "those who want the best/fastest/most expensive lose 9 out of 10", cos by the time you are comfortable having the best (about 1Q), lol you aren't anymore.
hey alex come on now bro, granted some are noobies. none are dumb. i hate when people around here call others DUMB. i have a dx-9 card and can still hold my own...and then some...on the real un-noobish subjects of this forum...OVERCLOCKING and RAM TIMING.
word.

To nagasam err w/e lol..... ur right but what I was meaning by lose is if u wait for mabe a better card or a better cpu u will always be waiting... it never ends... so buy now?... get wat u want and enjoy.. and yes u could wait for the R600 but then new 8*** series cards will be out so then wat? continue to wait? nah just buy a 8800gts if u want... the thing is AWSOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom