Noob needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gu_10

Solid State Member
Hey whats up guys, after searching through these forums i thought i'd go ahead and seek some help... i've finally saved up some money and i wanna get a 'good' computer, my budget is max $900. Although i do play some games on the computer, mostly strategy games, i do a lot of video editting and working in 'heavy' programs like photoshop and illustrator and audition. I was hoping you guys could help me find the best bang for my buck... i have looked into the brand, ibuypower assuming it is good this is the one i had my eye on, Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer 912TZ Core 2 Quad Q6600(2.40GHz) 2GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT Windows Vista Home Premium - Desktop PCs I also went to the ibuypower site and saw that i could customize my own... so can one of you guys please help me out, is there a computer that i am not aware of that blows this one away that is 900 dollars? thanks a lot guys!

I recommend this site:
CybertronPC.com - Rackmount, Rackmounts, Network Attached Storage NAS Servers, and Gaming Computers, Laptops

They seem to have good prices and they build comps for ya.

Intel: go with the q6660. Best videocards 9800GTX, 8800GTS (512mb not 640), 8800GT (512mb not 256mb) and HD 3870 x2 or a single HD 3870 GDDR4 memory or even the 9600GT. Get w/e fits the budget.

Motherboard try to get a x38 chipset or p35. 780i, 750i and 680i chipset aint too bad either.

AMD: Phenom 9750 or 9850 should do the trick, get the 770X or 770FX chipset for sure. Same videocards go for AMD.

also 790fx and 790x for AMD

but what you should do is buy the system assembled of Cyberpower except for RAM, Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Video Card, and other accessories you want

and buy those of Newegg, and you get the Case, the PSU, the CPU And mobo all assembled, and you don't have to pay premium prices for other stuff that most people can assemble themselves

either do that or I HIGHLY suggest the DIY Route

thanks guys im gonna save your input and work with it and come up with the best and most affordable option, thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom