noob to maing pc's will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitysmit

Baseband Member
ok if i put these items together eill it work?
xcase

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, S775

HDD

disk drive

motherboard

GPU

if i buy and assemble these items together will they all work or will i ned to choose different ones?

btw could someone please give me an estimated price for parts like these from the cheapest sites thanks as im wonderin wether to buy a pre built one or build one myself.

They will all work, yes. Bu that GPU isn't designed for gaming, you'd really want something better.

What are you going to use for an OS?

And sites depends on where you are. We have a list of sites for various countries http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/hardware-shopping-megathread-212899/
well i think i will run windows 7, what gpu do you recomend as im kind of on a budget like £450?

also it is very confusing knowing which gpu to buy the most annoying is cpu i thaught it was ghz but i can find pentium 4 processors from ages ago with like 3ghz and some of the newest with less than 3 ghz

also i think i will break some of the components whilst installing them (i dont really want to break a £100 cpu lol)

well i think i will run windows 7, what gpu do you recomend as im kind of on a budget like £450?
Not entirely sure, but look at the HD4850, or GTS250 if you prefer nVidia. And Windows 7 is a good choice.

also it is very confusing knowing which gpu to buy the most annoying is cpu i thaught it was ghz but i can find pentium 4 processors from ages ago with like 3ghz and some of the newest with less than 3 ghz

Lol, yes it's confusing when you don't know what's what :p
The GHz isn't absolute speed. Because there are now dual-, quad- and soon six-core CPUs.

I can put a build together for you, if you want. I'm in the UK so I know the prices and sites ;)

also i think i will break some of the components whilst installing them (i dont really want to break a £100 cpu lol)
All the parts come with instructions, if you follow them closely there will be no chance of you breaking them ;) And it's hard to damage them anyway, unless you throw them at a wall or something silly.

Not entirely sure, but look at the HD4850, or GTS250 if you prefer nVidia. And Windows 7 is a good choice.

Lol, yes it's confusing when you don't know what's what :p
The GHz isn't absolute speed. Because there are now dual-, quad- and soon six-core CPUs.

I can put a build together for you, if you want. I'm in the UK so I know the prices and sites ;)

All the parts come with instructions, if you follow them closely there will be no chance of you breaking them ;) And it's hard to damage them anyway, unless you throw them at a wall or something silly.
it would help alot if cou could thanks
could you make it so it dosnt go over around £450 but has ok performance thanks.

Just doing now, you have a budget of £450, right? Will you need a monitor as well or do you have one you can use already?

Just doing now, you have a budget of £450, right? Will you need a monitor as well or do you have one you can use already?
erm i got a crappy one for now but i will probably buy a bigger better one later on.

also could you find a motherboard which can be upgraded to at least 8 gig of ram thanks

Here you go, total price is £441.87 if you select free shipping.

Mobo ASUS M4A77TD PRO 770 Socket AM3 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer

CPU AMD Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz Socket AM3 1.5MB L2 Cache Retail Box Processor - Ebuyer

RAM Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz i5 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V - Ebuyer

Case Antec 300 Three Hundred Case - Ebuyer (that Batman-themed one you selected while cool just wasn't very well designed, not a good case at all)

HDD Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Cache - OEM Caviar Blue - Ebuyer

ODD Sony AD-7240S 24x DVDRW DL & RAM Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM - Ebuyer

PSU http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151295

GPU XFX HD 4870 750M 1GB DDR5 DUAL DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

All in all a pretty good build, that is a very good graphics card for gaming.

also could you find a motherboard which can be upgraded to at least 8 gig of ram thanks
Any motherboard you buy nowadays will take at least 8GB of RAM, if not more ;)

im not a very big fan of amd are their processors good im on a athlon64x2 now but i dont think its very good. but i see that that processor you have recomended to me is 2.9ghz which i think is quite good for 3 cores. is this processor good for gaming aswell such as some of the more demaning games like crysis or modern warfare 2 ?

im not a very big fan of amd are their processors good im on a athlon64x2 now but i dont think its very good.
They're good for the budget you have. They're very good bang-for-buck, unlike Intel which while more powerful is much more expensive. And the current AMD chips compare much better than the Athlon dual-cores did to Intel at the time.

is this processor good for gaming aswell such as some of the more demaning games like crysis or modern warfare 2 ?
MW2 it will play well, Crysis will run not-as-well but pretty good :)

HANG ON WAIT Need to change the power supply, I just realised it only has one PCI-E connector whereas you'll need two. Lemme just look up the right one.

Okay this one will do. My friend has this exact one, it's not bad:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151295

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom