Noob comp build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya nice setup, nice monitor. You may want to double check that the OCZ 520w is fully SLI compatible. Meaning that it has a 24 pin connector.....I think it comes with an adapter but some guys say better to get 2.0PSU like this:

http://www.us.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12347&vpn=OCZ520ADJ&manufacture=OCZ Technology

Or this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103933#DetailSpecs

I would personally add another dvd rom drive ($20), so u dont have to constantly pull discs in and out and should make burning movies easier.

Get a heatsink after youve checked your temps and you need one. You probably wont unless you overclock. Same with the case fans, see how the temps are....

Great Setup, im jealous. For cooling though you might want to get a Heatsink and some Arctic Silver for your processor.

All I can say now is.......Hell Yeah! I changed the PSU to the OCZ Powerstream that vaderpro recommended because I wasn't sure if the one I listed was SLI compatible. Other than that, all the parts have been ordered yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive, then the fun begins. I just hope I don't screw it up. I might have to ask for help if I run into a problem. Thanks everyone for the help! I will post a pic of the comp when it gets finished.:D :D :D

Sure, go ahead and ask for help, thats why we're here.

Don't forget to run benchmarks too, ALL OF THEM ;)

Alright, packages arrived! I am not sure where to start but I will figure that out, if not then I am sure someone can help me. As for benchmarking, I briefly read a little about benchmarking but not enough to know what to do. The article I read mentioned running time demos to get framerates etc. I know how to run time demos and see framerates on various maps on an older game I play which is Unreal Tournament. I will search the forum when I get the chance or if someone has a link they could share it would be appreciated. I can't wait to get home tomorrow to start on the build.:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom