Non-SLI Core 2 Sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacooler

Baseband Member
I do web dev and NO GAMING (therefore no sli). So I am looking for a good core 2 motherboard, preferrably an NVIDIA chipset. Any recommendations? I think i'm gonna get the E6400 for the proc.

Also, I am adding a 3rd LCD and need 3 DVI ports. What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks so much.

you would have to do sli or crossfire if you wanted three monitors.

and if you dont care for lsi why an nvidia chipset i personally think intel makes the best out there, but nvidia still make great chipsets also dont get me wrong i was just wonderng why it had to be nvidia

the cheapest core 2 mobo with nvidia chipset is 100 bucks on newegg.com and its by ECS and i have had some nightmares with ecs. and for 10 more dollars you can get an asus mobo with an nvidia chipset with sli.

Thanks for the replies so far,

Nvidia isn't a "must" but I have always liked their chipsets in the past. But i'm open to suggestions on good intel boards as well. But apparently I will need to do SLI for 3 DVI's. So does that mean I need to identical video cards right? And I can only do SLI on nvidia boards no?

Any good suggestions? (also I won't be overclocking).

Thanks.

Quoted from Nvidia's site. http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_faq.html#s7

"How many monitors are supported when running in SLI mode?
When in multi-GPU mode, SLI currently supports one monitor. When in single-GPU mode, users have the ability to use up to four monitors using NVIDIA® nView® multi-display technology and Windows XP Dualview."

You do NOT need SLI to run 3 monitors, because SLI is not capable of that. You DO however need a second video card. Although, I always thought SLI supported 2 monitors, I don't know first hand.

So Anthrax, then I would need to find a motherboard that has 2 PCI 16x ports and just pick up one single DVI card and another dual DVI card?

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom