No Video With New Rig, Trying to Diagnose

Status
Not open for further replies.

daRcer

Baseband Member
EDIT: Problem solved, was the BIOS chip. Asus is sending a replacement chip Monday.

Uncle's comp; I finished installing everything and ignorantly finished cable management before even attempting to boot, knowing everything would be fine. It boots, but I don't hear a POST beep, although I know I've repaired computers that didn't beep when they POST okay. Everything receives power, all case fans, the CPU fan, LEDs, etc.

The problem is though, I can't get any video. I reseated the CPU and RAM, reset the CMOS, unplugged all unecesary parts from the PSU, checked the RAM configuration, and even tried an old PCI video card I have, then a 7950GX2 I have lying around for another build.

The last thing I could think was that the CPU isn't compatible with the mobo, but I know plently of others that use the same Pentium D 805 and Asus P5ND2-SLI setup. Some have had to flash the BIOS, but as far as I know, not all, and I'm not sure how that would help the video issue. Other than that, I'd think maybe the mobo is DOA, even though voltage is getting to other parts, there might be other components with problems.

Parts
Mobo:
ASUS P5ND2-SLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU:
Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 Dual Core,EM64T Processor
RAM:
pqi TURBO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory
Video Card:
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X1900 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
PSU:
LOGISYS Computer PS550ABK ATX12V 550Watts Power Supply (Using a 4 pin molex to 6 pin +12v converter that came with video card)

Any help is appreciated, maybe theres something common with this motherboard that I'm not aware of, I ususually deal with AMD boards and haven't had a problem with dual core processors and incompatible motherboards, maybe I've just been lucky. :confused:

EDIT: Just noticed this should be in "Hardware Troubleshooting", my appologies. If a mod would rather have it there, please don't hesitate to move it. Sorry! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom