No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanych

Daemon Poster
I have recently upgraded my case to a GigaTech Shinobi with LCD screen and everything seems to be working ok but I have no sound now. I am using onboard? i had a friend that changed MB and this happend too. what could it be?

did you/do you have front panel audio? there is an interesting little system many motherboard use to enable and disable either the front panel or rear panel audio depending on which is being used. if jumpers haven't been shifted or front panel audio hasn't been plugged in since you changed the case it may be detecting that headphones are plugged in (the way the circuit works) and disabling the rear.

ok. I havent plugged in the front. i have my headphones in the rear. how do i enable it?

nah i havent got front audio plugged in... because this case has lots of single connectors while my old case had just one big one to connect to sound. i dont know in which combination they all go

Well i plugged in the front audio. It works THANX. Now i got 1 more prb. My computer only says i have 256 Mb ram. and i have 768. Thsi computer is really giving me the shits. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom