No signal from Vga, but I don't have VGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingbobertVII

Baseband Member
Ok, so I FINALLY got this thing working, and its awesome as ****. but now I am hooking up the monitor, and It's got DVI and VGA plugs, which is nice I guess, except I don't have a VGA port on my Motherboard. So, I naturally plug in the one I can, (DVI), and I turn it on, but to my dismay it says NO SIGNAL FROM VGA. That's nice, because I didnt WANT a signal from VGA. I wanted a signal from DVI lol. So, how do I get my monitor to realize that it's not SUPPOSED to get a signal from VGA? Monitor is an ASUS VW222U, the video card with the dvi is a 260 and the motherboard is ASUS P5Q3 LGA 775. Totally compatible, so that SHOULDNT be the problem. Help if you can, otherwise I'll just screw with it until I can figure it out, thanks.

yeah i pressed the button, and sometiems it works and sometimes it doesnt, but I get DVI NO SIGNAL if it does "work"
so... am i ****ed or what?

have you ever got video from this computer?

recheck all conection into monitor and into the gpu.
reseat card.
make sure the 2 6pin pci-e power plugs are inserted correctly.
try the other dvi slot on the card.
try a different monitor cable.
try a different monitor or try your monitor on a different computer.

ok, answering your questions, and btw thanks for trying to help, most people aren't on at 3 Am :p

I have never got video or anything on this computer, i buit it today.
I have rechecked connections to monitor and gpu, and they are secure.
I'll wait a while before going inside the case again, since thats a pain to do :p.
Ditto.
I tried the other slot, same deal.
I don't have a second monitor cable for DVI, only a VGA, which won't help, because I don't have a VGA Slot in my GPU/Mobo.
The only other monitor i could try is VGA only, and the only computers I can try are VGA only. LOL.

Could this be an issue with my RAM? I have checked alot on google and a few people have had troubles similar to this which was caused by bad ram. Also, is it possible my GPU is fried/messed up? Those would be the two worst things I can think of, the others being I need an adapter for some reason, or that my monitor is just weird, which could be returned.

Is the computer posting?
try with just one stick of ram.
reseat ram.
Did your gpu come with a dvi to vga adapter?
again check all power connection inside the computer including the 4 pin 12v connector into the motherboard as well as the 24 pin.

3AM? try 11AM. :D

I don't really know what that means
I'm doing this here pretty soon along with checking all the interior connections you asked earilier
ditto
no
opening up the case right about now.

Yeah, it works, awesome!!! Thanks dude. I think it was that I had my 3 ram sticks on the black strips and not the orange ones, which means that they were on a2 b2 and c2 instead of a1 b1 c1. Now I need to figure out how to get the windows 7 release client onto one disk since its 3 GB :p. You know how I can do that, or should I be trying something else?

Thanks, didn't know that had a name. That's what tells you if you have a defunct part or a missing connection, right? Trying to learn what I can, this stuff is really pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom