No power ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading the corsair manual and it says that the cable i used and melted is a Y adapter with a 4 pin female peripherals power connector. The note under it says the 4 pin power connector is widely used on floppy drives and certain fan control panels. Does that mean i could have had that plugged in right but had the molex power plugged in too and thats why it melted ? Still cant get this going but am afraid to try that cable again unless incase its wrong ? Can anyone help me out ? Thanks
The reason you fried it is you had it plugged into the MB which has power and you also had it plugged into the Molex connectors which were powered by the psu. You basically had 2 power supply points plugged together. If you read my previous post, you will see you need the correct fan which goes on the cpu cooler, and only this fan is plugged into the MB cpu fan connection.

I have the cpu fan connected sorry about the pic quality. I had the fans connected to the sys fan which is when it worked only i had 2 power supplies going to the fans.What im asking is if i use the floppy cable to connect 1 fan to the MB and the rest to the PS will this work or will it fry again ?

Attachments

• cpu fan connector (Small).JPG
    cpu fan connector (Small).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 9
  • sys fan 2 (Small).JPG
    sys fan 2 (Small).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 9
That will work, but I would not use the cable you fried. It is probably shorted out. If it is the only cable you have you may be able to cut the 4 bad wires off and test the other 4 with a multi meter to make sure they are not shorted.

Oh nice one ill check it and hopefully it'll be ok maybe the system will start up then fingers crossed. Thanks for your help much apprecaited.

No still no joy. I have the 4 fans linked together and tried it with fan only cable and then fdd cable to the MB and still no joy. The only other power cables are for the hard drive the dvd rom and the Graphics card which only one type of power cable can go into them so cant really be them. Must be something faulty.Think i may get someone to look at it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom