No power ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ignore the system fan plug on the motherboard right now. Don't plug anything into it. Your power supply should have a bunch of those four pin power connectors to plug your case fans into. You can run all the case fans using just one if you want. But I wouldn't mess with the system fan right now if all you want to do is see if your rig boots.

ok thanks a million. see pics in my last post just edited it now hope everything is ok now

the system started when i had the sys fan connector on but now that its off its doing the same thing again starting for a second then stops ??? Any ideas ?

actually do i have to use the fan only lead or can i plug the fans straight into the molex connector coming straight from the psu ?

The 4pin molex cable you fried is a 4 pin molex to floppy cable. The system fan on the MB is made for a single CPU cooler fan. This may be why it won't turn on as with no fan the bios see's less than 600 rpms on the cpu fan and shutting down. You may have to reset the bios, turn on the pc and get to the bios and change the auto fan shutdown before it shuts off.

The molex fans should be plugged directly to the fan only lead from the PSU.

i have the cpu fan connected to the motherboard where it says cpu fan. i connected the 4 fans together plugged the molex power lead into the psu and then plugged the fan only lead into the end of that then that into the end of the fan connectors. Is that right ? I have a feeling im wiring the 4 fans together wrong.

Why not just forget about the 4 case fans for now. All you need is the cpu fan to get it up and running since you have the case open. Try that and see if you can get the pc up and running.

Ive tried that but no go. When i had it plugged into the sys fan on the MB it started up only smoke started coming out of it cause of the cable i used. So it obviously is to do with the fans but when i dont connect them still nothing ?

A few things need to be answered and researched on your part.
1. I am assuming you have a 4 pin PWM cpu fan connection on your MB since you tried to plug in the floppy cable to it. MB cpu fans are usually 3 or 4 pin and are not molex.
2. Do you have a 4 pin PWM cpu fan? Not the Molex fans you pictured? Picture of a 4 wire PWM fan. ---> CPU FAN Used for aftermarket coolers.
3. The fans and cables in your picture are 4 pin Molex, which are Case fans and 2 wire, which only need to be plugged into the psu to work. Ignore the yellow wire.---> Molex Fan
4. Do you have a heat sink/cooler for your CPU? I have not seen you mention this. Stock cooler with a 4 wire PWM fan looks something like this. ---> Cooler This is what should be plugged into your 4 pin cpu fan connection on the MB.

Do some reading (instructions) and research (google) and things should come together.

Just reading the corsair manual and it says that the cable i used and melted is a Y adapter with a 4 pin female peripherals power connector. The note under it says the 4 pin power connector is widely used on floppy drives and certain fan control panels. Does that mean i could have had that plugged in right but had the molex power plugged in too and thats why it melted ? Still cant get this going but am afraid to try that cable again unless incase its wrong ? Can anyone help me out ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom