No more Intel MB's 4 me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticap

Baseband Member
When my computer was built 3 years ago and the 775 pin CPU's 1st came out, I demanded an Intel MB because I really believed that they were solid, reliable MB's. I paid extra for an 925 Extreme Edition MB so I could have enough USB's & a dependable product for the long term. But it died after less than 1/2 of it's normal 3 year lifespan even though it was only operating for about 1 - 1.5 years of actual use.
It was a big disappointment and I'm over it. But I doubt that I'll ever buy an Intel MB again.
I've heard a lot of people say the same thing about various brands that they've had trouble with, and now it's my turn.
When a product is well made, people don't usually complain about it much.
But when it's not, it's important to give feedback.
Sure it's an older product. But when I had to buy a new MB, I read enough complaints about the new Intel MB's to reinforce my negative opinion even more. Specifically it was about how they required memory of a certain voltage that wasn't listed in their advertised specifications, so people were buying memory for their new MB only to find out after installing it that it wouldn't work because of the memory voltage (1.8 volts only).
Well, even though I think Intel is a decent outfit and makes the best CPU's, I don't like their MB's. With all of their engineering expertise, they should be able to do a lot better.
So that's just my 2 cents worth of feedback and good deed for today. :)

Intel still makes the best chipsets hands down, however it has been a pretty well known fact that one should avoid their motherboards.

The fact of the matter is they are used mainly by oem's and do not have the same quality as an enthusiast class board.

I would imagine it is still under warranty...

Wierd. Ive built two computers for my parents, about three years apart; both used Intel mobo's (one was a PIII, one was a C2D) and both have been rock solid until we decided to upgrade.

en, well I have a p4 left on night and day, and that thing is tough as nails, no problems ever. It is a serverboard but still.

As a linux user, intel is great because all of their stuff (especially graphics) work out of the box.

Both AMD & Intel are great but i havent overclock none of them so they all are still alive and working perfectly. the only problem that i had encounter was when i had to take out the GPU and put it back cz i couldnt see anything in the monitor.

Intel still makes the best chipsets hands down, however it has been a pretty well known fact that one should avoid their motherboards.

The fact of the matter is they are used mainly by oem's and do not have the same quality as an enthusiast class board.

I would imagine it is still under warranty...

No. I missed the 3 year warranty period by a couple of months. Hopefully my ASrock replacement board will make up for it with better longevity. :)

That's why I gave the new ASrock 1600/P35 a try.
It had the same solid state capacitors and many reviews world-wide as the best bang for the buck, and WiFi+ was included too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom