No more e6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
TriEclipse said:
Oh jeez, that's about the worst way possible to go about justifying your argument.

Lets see you get a A64 3000+ and try to run a 8800GTX on it, haha. That'd be amusing.

Basically to answer your post, while its obvious that such things as HDDs, Memory, etc. are bottlenecks in a system, adding a CPU limitation will make you lose additional performance. And there isn't much you can do about the other bottlenecks, that's just how a system is designed. True, they are bottlenecks, but there isn't much you can do about them. Just keep in mind that adding another bottleneck to those already mentioned, like a CPU, only hurts you more.

Put it this way, "If the 8800GTX is as CPU bound as you are claiming it is, then the 8800GTX is a complete and utter failure." IF your statements are true, then NVIDIA really needs to head back to the drawing board.

You PAY $650 for A GRAPHICS PROCESSING UNIT and the units actually performance is bound to another processor? That's an absolute waste of money.

I'm not going to sit here are argue bottlenecks with people. 99% of you just spit out what you've read others say and don't actually do any of your own research...

HAVOC2k5 said:
Put it this way, "If the 8800GTX is as CPU bound as you are claiming it is, then the 8800GTX is a complete and utter failure." IF your statements are true, then NVIDIA really needs to head back to the drawing board.

An opinion, not a fact. :) And I don't see any people with low-end A64s buying 8800GTXs. I hang around quite a few forums, and I always see people come in and ask if their 3000+ or 3200+ is going to be able to handle a certain videocard. If its a high-end card, they're always recommended to overclock the processor.

HAVOC2k5 said:
You PAY $650 for A GRAPHICS PROCESSING UNIT and the units actually performance is bound to another processor? That's an absolute waste of money.

So you rant about how many bottlenecks there are in a system and then say that bottlenecks don't exist because if they did, it would render your computer an absolute waste of money? I've had bottleneck discussions before, and people who have Majored in the field are of the same opinion (its more of a scientific fact) that CPU limitations are as real as it gets. I suggest you have a discussion like that with someone before making claims off the top of your head.

As to your example; Thats why people need to have balance in their system. If you buy a $650 GPU, the best videocard on the market right now, you aren't SUPPOSED to stick it with a $70 A64 3000+. And a computer-illeterate person won't do it. Someone buying an Alienware or VM machine would get a E6700 or X6800 to go with it. A computer-literate person would just buy the processor and overclock it.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I'm not going to sit here are argue bottlenecks with people. 99% of you just spit out what you've read others say and don't actually do any of your own research...

Heaven forbid. :) Then I guess the other 1% had better be careful that they've done their research well and aren't just jumping around to what they think is right.

TriEclipse said:

As to your example; Thats why people need to have balance in their system. If you buy a $650 GPU, the best videocard on the market right now, you aren't SUPPOSED to stick it with a $70 A64 3000+. And a computer-illeterate person won't do it. Someone buying an Alienware or VM machine would get a E6700 or X6800 to go with it. A computer-literate person would just buy the processor and overclock it.

The reason for this should be pretty obvious: if you're going to spend that much on a video card then you would spend the money on keeping up with the latest processors.

KingAustin said:
The reason for this should be pretty obvious: if you're going to spend that much on a video card then you would spend the money on keeping up with the latest processors.

Exactly my point. Which is why Nvidia did not mess up at all. Nvidia thinks just as you and I do, and believes that no one is going to buy a 8800GTX and stick it with a 3000+. Like I said, the vast majority of computer-illiterate people would have the sense to not spend such irregular amounts of money on the two products. A computer-literate person would buy a processor and overclock it, still keeping up with the latest processors, in a sense.

I'm off for the night, expect no more quick replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom