No hassle pc build help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like a nice buy. How are Samsung's reputation on hard drives?...because I've only known them, for their LCDs.

samsung spinpoints are the fastest 7200rpm drives and just like seagates really except they don't have the 5 year warranty

cyber logan don't feel dumb the only way to learn is too ask and that is what I am here for to get my questions answered and to help you with yours.

when are you actually planning to have this build by??? because although the world of technology will always have something new and better or there will be a price drop in every 3 months. Seagate are rumoured to be releasing a 1tb hdd this will drive down the price of 750gb hdd's which is obviously a good thing :D. What are you using this build for? as 750gb is a lot of hdd space and quite difficult to fill I only have over a tb as I used to use the extra 1tb as a media server until I transferred it over to my 6.75tb server as I realised how high a demand there was for media in my school and I had already made enough profit form the server as hireable file storage to pay back the cost of building it and my gaming pc plus an extra grande or two for my time and effort to set it up lol

any modern one, uh noise not much of an issue unless u get 10k rpm plus the 1 hard drive will dish out more noise than both of these put together, becuase if ur ultilizing one more than the other the other would not make more noise, correct me if i'm wrong here guys? No need to feel dumb, the ppl who are dumb don't ask questions and act like they no a lot when they don't :)

any modern one, uh noise not much of an issue unless u get 10k rpm plus the 1 hard drive will dish out more noise than both of these put together, becuase if ur ultilizing one more than the other the other would not make more noise, correct me if i'm wrong here guys? No need to feel dumb, the ppl who are dumb don't ask questions and act like they no a lot when they don't :)

well your points are true but some drives are noticeably louder then others and smaller capacity hdd's are generally faster especially if you raid0 them so your pc treats them as one large hdd and splits th data between the two bt you run the risk of the drive failing and if it does you lose all the data instead of just one hdd's worth

i was planning to do it next month like in 12 or13 days but someone suggested that i should wait a bit ..

what do u guys suggest?

there's this one guy i know of who saved like 5000 dollars to make the dream pc ..

now each time he went to buy ****.. somethin new came out.. so he kept waitin and waiting..

now he is married and still dreams of that one day when his pc will be complete..

he has $ 40 bucks left of the 5 grand he saved up..

I DONT WANA BE HIM !!!!!!!! LOL

and about the motherboards:

what components go into :

PCI Express x16 slots
PCI Express x1 slots
PCI Slots

and how many of each should be sufficient for future upgrades?

(i dont wana use the onboard lan)

will install:

a sound card
a video card
wireless connection card for internet
a home automation card for controlling lighting, temperature etc.(later on)
a Surveillance System ( dont know if it would require any slots )
a tv-tuner (maybe/not)

ok i can do a build for u in like 2 mins, give me a budget and i'll get u started, and saltynay, sora will be willing to help too, as this is our expertise :)

well you could wait two months for the intel price drops or 6 months for the new amd processors or a year for ddr3 ram but hdd's do rarely have large innovations that drive down the entire price of the market.

what components go into :

PCI Express x16 slots = high-end graphics cards mainly
PCI Express x1 slots = sound cards mainly
PCI Slots = everything lol yo can get graphics cards, wireless, tv tuners, sound cards, hdd controllers

and how many of each should be sufficient for future upgrades?

one pci-express (x16)
3 pci

should be your bare minimum I have already suggested some good motherboards though....

will install:

a sound card - not needed per say as onboard is fine for the majority but if sound is a priority then buy one
a video card = necessity really onboard is rubbish
wireless connection card for internet = some motherboards have this built in
a home automation card for controlling lighting, temperature etc.(later on) = sorry don't know about these
a Surveillance System ( dont know if it would require any slots ) = probably a tv tuner card with composite connection
a tv-tuner (maybe/not) = if you want to watch tv then go ahead free view is easy to set up just hack in the card and plug in a house aerial and you should get most if not all channels

Vern we have already given him so sample builds

lol ur correct, with all the ppl we've helped u sort of forget who u helped and who u didn't..........

lol ur correct, with all the ppl we've helped u sort of forget who u helped and who u didn't..........

so true..

so u guys like work at pc stores ? or are pc enthusiasts / hobbists ?

btw .. i am pretty good in still motion signatures.. so if i can make one for you , please let me know...

here's a link to what i made for this site for myself but i cant upload it for now for some reason :

ralfsignaturecyberloganjv1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom