No hassle pc build help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read that the gtx is kinda longer than the the gs version of the 8800

so does that mean its also going to be difficult to install ?

Also..

whats your personal opinion on

Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 1-Terabyte Hard Drive

refrence :

According to Hitachi, the drive ships in the first quarter of 2007, and will cost $399--less than the price of two individual 500GB hard drives today.

Hitachi will have three flavors of the 1TB drive; however, only the Deskstar version will be available at launch. The company also plans to offer a CinemaStar version of the drive, for use in DVR and set-top boxes, as well as an enterprise version with a certified mean time between failure rating. Both of those versions are expected in the second quarter of this year.

Source : PC World - Hitachi Introduces 1-Terabyte Hard Drive

they are lying to u, two 500 gbs hd is like 240... heres is one:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

it is cheaper to buy 2x500gb then a hitachi deskstar because the 1tb hitachi is one of a kind seagate, western or samsung haven't got 1tb disks although seagate is rumoured to release one soon. the gtx is just as easy to install just that some cases won't fit it all the cases we have reccomended it will fit in

That looks like a nice buy. How are Samsung's reputation on hard drives?...because I've only known them, for their LCDs.

its not that.. its the fact that the drive i gave is OEM, it just has the HD, so rather than pay another 20$ for instructions.... whats the point, i just need my product... so thats y two 500 gb drives are cheaper...

it is cheaper to buy 2x500gb then a hitachi deskstar because the 1tb hitachi is one of a kind seagate, western or samsung haven't got 1tb disks although seagate is rumoured to release one soon. the gtx is just as easy to install just that some cases won't fit it all the cases we have reccomended it will fit in

lol oh wait a second !

u are a proud owner of an 8800 gts yourself !

now thats cool ;)

tell me something..

when you play your dvd movies in fullscreen mode.. does ur lcd show it as clear as a dvd player does on tv?

that isn't really a result of the graphics card that is a combination of monitor, ram, cpu, and optical drive (dvd drive) but yes it is the same quality dvd's aren't that good quality and the fps are quite low

The graphics card is for creating pictures for the images presented by the machine errrrmmmm its hard to explain but basically any visual output that magically appears on the screen is the result of the graphics card but gaming is where higher end cards are a factor. a computer monitors were at the same stage as tvs in terms of high definition around 15 years ago

that isn't rally a result of the graphics card that is a combination of monitor, ram, cpu, and optical drive (dvd drive)

i feel so dumb posting here among all u techies.. lol

but i guess if i have an open mind and learn i will be able to learn alot too.

Salty,a question.. on the new egg link you posted, i found this hard drive

and wanted to get your second opinion on the brand and the quality ..

heres what i found :

Seagate Barracuda ES ST3750640NS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

description:

Barracuda, one of the premiere names in hard drives, does it again. The Seagate ST3750640NS is a high-capacity, high speed drive that will handle all of your storage needs. With a 750GB capacity accessed by a 3.0GB/s SATA interface coupled with a 16MB cache and an 8.5ms random read seek time, this drive is perfect for anything from network attached storage (NAS) systems to audio/visual systems to enterprise back up.

Top it all off with best in class rotational vibration tolerance and a five year warranty and you've got a drive that will serve you well for years to come.

link: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ES ST3750640NS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

yay or nay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom