No compromises M-Atx watercooled build log

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
This build is made possible by Raidmax
raidmax_logo1.jpg

Hey guys!

Time to upgrade my sig rig, she is getting tired and simply cannot keep up with modern AAA titles on my new LG 34UM95 3440x1440 monitor!

This is is going to be a no compromises M-Atx build to show just how powerful and quiet of a machine you can build in a very small case. Click HERE for more about the case!

This build log may be a bit pre-mature, still waiting on a few things like the powersupply and the motherboard. But the case came in today and I immediatly tore into it and took some pictures!

Stay tuned! Lots of great stuff to come! :thumb:

Specs:

-Case: Raidmax Hyperion black M-Atx cube case
-Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming
-Processor: i7 4770K
-Graphics: 2x MSI Reference GTX 980s
-RAM: 16gigs of Corsair Vengance 1866mhz DDR3
-Powersupplly: Corsair series RM 850watt
-OS Drive: 128gig Samsung 830 SSD
-Storage drive: 512gig Crucial M4 SSD
-Additional storage: 4tb network storage

Cooling:

-CPU block: Enzotech Sapphire Rev A
-GPU blocks: EK Geforce GTX 980 VGA Liquid Cooling Block
-Pump: Swiftech MCP655 aka Laing D5 vario
-Res: Swiftech Micro res rev. 2
-Barbs: 3/8" no name black barbs
-Fans: 120mm BitFenix Spectre(not pro) undervolted to 5v
-Radiators: 2x(maybe 3) Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 Full Copper
-Tubing: Homedepot black 3/8" tubing
-Coolant: Distilled water

and the beautiful graphics cards

That's all for now!

So,

First things first that, blue ring around the top of the case needs to be painted.

nothing in the build is going to be blue, so it doesn't match anything.

R1gMtlbl.jpg

The only thing in the case that is going to have any color on it is going to be the red dragon bits on the motherboard. I'm torn between painting that ring either red or black... Leaning more towards black. Everything goes with black ;)

through my exceptional MS Paint skills, we can see what each will look like. Thoughts?

1SrV54xl.jpg

EAlCpbgl.jpg

I don't mind the red honestly - especially if you're planning on already having red on the internals - makes for a nice accent on the outside of the system.

So I decided to paint that blue ring black instead of red.

So first thing to do is to take the top off the case and remove the front panel I/O circuit board.

yFY8i7Gl.jpg

vJBfvfRl.jpg

with that out of the way, I can remove all the screws that hold the blue ring on

8c0FlWJl.jpg

Its a delicate process, didn't want to break it.

Vip6vebl.jpg

painted black and good to go now!

nwHZ2Fsl.jpg

8aGBhxXl.jpg

Will post pictures of the case with the newly painted ring on it tomorrow!

That's all for now!

Alright, update time! Not sure if anyone is watching this...

My new power supply came today!

I got the Corsair RM850. It has plenty of power for my needs and with this being a silence oriented build, this power supply fit the bill really well because it has a hybrid fan mode where the fan turns off at low loads. Its also been marketed as a PSU that is designed for silence with silent optimized and binned parts, like capacitors and other internals, meant to protect against coil whine and other annoying sounds. Another thing I like about it is that it has all black cables, the cables are also flat!

Here are some pics! The motherboard is on its way, ill be painting the mother board heat sinks, so stay tuned for that!

hHlFFZcl.jpg

gVyRo8el.jpg

8lmrxiXl.jpg

With some of the new hardware that is going to be going in the case starting arrive, I can start to put things where they are going to go and get an idea of how things are going to fit.

Here is how the power supply/ pump/ res compartment is shaping up. I think things are going to fall into place nicely.

BtB4Q1jl.jpg

Thats all for now, thanks guys! lemme know what you think!

Looks like this is going to be a nice one, mate. I have thought of doing something similar but with M-ITX. The only thing stopping me is the lack of moolah.

Looks like this is going to be a nice one, mate. I have thought of doing something similar but with M-ITX. The only thing stopping me is the lack of moolah.

I enjoy building SFF builds, much more of a challenge. Anyone can build a high end liquid cooled computer in a case the size of my room ;) Do it in a case that can fit in my desk drawer, then im impressed.

Back
Top Bottom