No Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so i tried to plug them into another intel motherboard i have, 2gb memory, d820 2.8ghz processor. Ok, this is a new board, i was waiting till i got a enough money to buy a good PSU for it. Alright, i got to power it up with these two stupid hard drives on it, and it does the same thing. It says press f2 to enter bios but it really does nothing from there, just sits there. This is wierd...

so when you push f2 it dosnt do anything? just sits there?

then i would suggest new hardrives..or try a fresh install ofwindows.

anyhow if you must get new HDDs then seagate barracudas are really nice. 60 bucks got me a reliable, 160 gb, pretty fast hard drive and i couldnt be happyer.

I'm getting SATA, screw the IDE bull faeces. I'm in college and i just paid my tuition, so it'll be a while till i get them .. so your saying fresh install loose, don't want to loose my data though... and there has got to be a way around that

you could try booting in safe mode, but from what i can tell you cant do ANYTHING when you plug the hard drives in and if so you might need to start fresh :(

Do you think it might be the IDE cables? Cause when i remove the cable from the device 0 IDE slot, it goes into BIOS and everything. I've tried a different an old 4 gb hard drive, and that won't work either. Ever hear about those cables going bad and causing this... without the hard drives, the bios sees the CD and DVD

Its got the be the IDE cables, cause two motherboads can behave the same way under the same conditions. Ever hear of anything like this cause by a bad IDE cable? Or do you guys think, i should make some changes on the BIOS when without the Hard drives, and then plug them back in?

this happened to me before...
i had oner SATA drive...
figured that my hdd crashed and would not even power on, so i umplegged it, went into the windows setup partition manager thing, then put it in then a bsod (0x0000008e(RAM error)) then i did a mem test, my ram was okay. lolz
then it started working out of nowhere, maybe just let them sit for like 3 or so hours...

Sheep6 said:
Its got the be the IDE cables, cause two motherboads can behave the same way under the same conditions. Ever hear of anything like this cause by a bad IDE cable? Or do you guys think, i should make some changes on the BIOS when without the Hard drives, and then plug them back in?
well use your common logic, if two motherboards wont recognize a hard drive then it could be a cable problem. try it out you never know.

Safe mode is not going to work, nor is installing drivers/mbd chipset drivers. He can't get passed the bios post. From whatI understand you have the primary and slave drive. Use ONLY the primary with no slave drive and see if that works. You may also want to try and clear NVRAM via the MBD jumper. Also, check the jumpers on the HDD, especially if it works with a single drive. If having them both on cable select isn't working, then jump one as slave and the other as master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom