No AGP 6800GTs ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is probably a good idea to upgrade your motherboard to one that incorporates PCI Experss technology. AGP 8x is quickly beccoming obsolete in favor of the faster PCI Express x16 slot. A new p4 board shouldn't cost more than $140. Unfortunatly, I do not think Intel manufactures a PCI Express board for the Northwood P4 processors, which would require you to purchase a new processor as well. Furthermore, you would probably have to buy DDR2 memory as well, as DDR and DDR2 are not cross compatable. (Intel motherboards now use DDR2 RAM)

Regards,

I don't think I'm in a position to go through the expense / trouble of building a new system... Yet. And no, they do not (to my knowledge) make a PCI-E mobo in socket 478. They are all LGA 775, 939, or 940. So yeah, I would end up getting a new CPU too.... Bleh.

just buy either a 6800GT OC to ultra speeds. or stick with your 9600XT for about a year or two, save some moeny with that 300 dollars, and go full out blast with the new dual core proecssors and 8Gbs of ram

more in the year 2010 it will be 2terabytes for a regular home user and 4terabytes for a mean gaming machine

not necessarily...maybe 1mb will be all that's needed but the bandwidth will be 1000x of what it is now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom