Next Upgrade for my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
Hello all, my PC has done me pretty good, i can play alot of new games like total war 2 demo, F.E.A.R, and Age Of Empires 3 on high medium-low high settings fine.

My Rig is:

Mother board: Asus P5LD2/ which runs an intel i945g chipset
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0ghz (LGA 775 slot)
GPU: 6600GT
Ram: DDR2 1gb (duel 512mb) running at 4.4.4.12

Now i was happy with all this but things chang, technology does as you all know very fast as well. So with ne Direct X 10 cards coming, the intredouction of the intel Duo, word of a quad core, and windows vista im gonna start upgrading.

This is the thing, i know alot of people say if you buy a new mother board you should just buy a new computer, well im 17 and work part time, so although i get money i do not get very big "lump sums" so over the next little while i will upgrade one thing at a time to space out the spending and allow me to make the money.

So i was wondering whats the best step? Am i best to start by getting a new mother board? Leaving the rest of the stuff the same and then once i got that new foundation start changing the rest of it?

I work part time too, and I was thinking about doing the same thing you are trying to do. But I found it was kinda hard to buy a part at a time (about one a month), and predict what to configure my system for. For example I was orginally going to go with an AMD system a year ago, but I heard intel was supposed to come out with a kick @$$ processor and dx10 cards were supposed to come out, so I gave up and saved up my money for an entire year and i got the rig thats in my sig. I plan on upgrading to dx10 this christmas.

Just a suggestion but I found it much easier to have a lump sum ($1000-$1500) and buy all the parts at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom