next to no budget! - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
Hard Gay Nahalem! Fooo!
 
NosBoost300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bellflower, CA
Posts: 10,154
Send a message via AIM to NosBoost300
Default

ya.. i just discovered that mobo!! i'll be buying that for my conroe build!
__________________

__________________
Current Build:
Intel 3770k @ 4.4 GHZ | Galaxy GTX 770 SLi | 16 GB G.Skill Sniper | ASrock z77 Extreme4
2xSamung 840pro 128GB in Raid | 2x1TB Seagate | Antec 750 Watt GamerSeries
Media Build:
Intel Core i3 3220 | Galaxy GTX 650 | 8 GB Corsair Vengeance | ASrock B75M | Samsung 840 120GB
NosBoost300 is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 996
Default

Either way, was very happy to help you to get to a final resolve on what you want and should get, Cereal Killer, By the way a very good friend of my in the past [now he kinda hates me.......] calls himself the same as you do lol.

Anyway, i'm off to bed, you may leave me private message or write here if theres anything else you need from me / us.

BTW Wanna donate to me something from that huge budget you got there? LMAO! I could use it haha [just joking.. its the hour..]

Gratz,

-Jo/Yoad.
__________________

Yoad is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #43 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cerealkilla
Er, if I do that, will the computer still run as nicely as the setup is now? better? And if someone is willing to tell me what I would need to change precisely, like with links or whatever, I would be OK with adding the sound card and speakers... i do plan on listening to a fair bit of it at school. lol.
If I don't get lazy this weekend ;p I will try to post my visual aide, as well as info. Sometimes people will tell you to buy this and that and not explain why...sometimes peopl just want to understand. And so that will be the purpose of my gude

Personally though, I don't buy sound cards...don't think ya need em. Unless you edit tracks. Just opi
atomic tofu is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
Hard Gay Nahalem! Fooo!
 
NosBoost300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bellflower, CA
Posts: 10,154
Send a message via AIM to NosBoost300
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by atomic tofu
If I don't get lazy this weekend ;p I will try to post my visual aide, as well as info. Sometimes people will tell you to buy this and that and not explain why...sometimes peopl just want to understand. And so that will be the purpose of my gude

Personally though, I don't buy sound cards...don't think ya need em. Unless you edit tracks. Just opi
that is the dumbest crap i've ever heard.. don't need soundcards.... onboard sound, sounds like complete ****!!! it fizles, it doesnt do 5.1 or 7.1 properly.. doesnt have thx.. so you don't get true surround.. just stereo, which is retarded.. you need movie theatre experience when playing games.. not the same retarded sound in pretty much all 5 speakers

i used to think soundcards were retarded as well.. but it pretty much double the output of the z-5300e's when i had them.. and these z5500's are just amazing with them, have never heard music or games so crisp and clean in my life
__________________
Current Build:
Intel 3770k @ 4.4 GHZ | Galaxy GTX 770 SLi | 16 GB G.Skill Sniper | ASrock z77 Extreme4
2xSamung 840pro 128GB in Raid | 2x1TB Seagate | Antec 750 Watt GamerSeries
Media Build:
Intel Core i3 3220 | Galaxy GTX 650 | 8 GB Corsair Vengeance | ASrock B75M | Samsung 840 120GB
NosBoost300 is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 07:20 PM   #45 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,992
Default

K1000's, Monarchy SM-70 Pro poweramp,some nice tubes, and some other stuff that im still learning about will make Z-5500's sound like 4 inch 2.0 speakers.



From what I have read
__________________



May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Lord AnthraX is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 08:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NosBoost300
that is the dumbest crap i've ever heard.. don't need soundcards.... onboard sound, sounds like complete ****!!! it fizles, it doesnt do 5.1 or 7.1 properly.. doesnt have thx.. so you don't get true surround.. just stereo, which is retarded.. you need movie theatre experience when playing games.. not the same retarded sound in pretty much all 5 speakers

i used to think soundcards were retarded as well.. but it pretty much double the output of the z-5300e's when i had them.. and these z5500's are just amazing with them, have never heard music or games so crisp and clean in my life
man some people have issues....you can agree disagree but when people start insulting others for choices, that's just odd. Ah well, I will still share my input with others, and let them choose whatever...without calling them retarded

now I don't think sound cards are retarded...

loosen up! sheesh
atomic tofu is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 11:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17
Default

OOK, so I re-figured m list and everything to include the speakers and sound card. Now by changing Mobo and vid cards and such, it won't have hurt the performance at all??
cerealkilla is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #48 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,306
Default

i would go dual monitor 21 inch widescreen if your uncle will not mind which it seems he wont take advantge.
__________________
Lonewolf5460 is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,306
Default

sry double post
__________________
Lonewolf5460 is offline  
Old 08-15-2006, 01:25 AM   #50 (permalink)
Hard Gay Nahalem! Fooo!
 
NosBoost300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bellflower, CA
Posts: 10,154
Send a message via AIM to NosBoost300
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by atomic tofu
man some people have issues....you can agree disagree but when people start insulting others for choices, that's just odd. Ah well, I will still share my input with others, and let them choose whatever...without calling them retarded

now I don't think sound cards are retarded...

loosen up! sheesh
sorry, i in no way meant to insult you.. its just video gaming should be like a movie.. and sound just as delicious as it looks
__________________

__________________
Current Build:
Intel 3770k @ 4.4 GHZ | Galaxy GTX 770 SLi | 16 GB G.Skill Sniper | ASrock z77 Extreme4
2xSamung 840pro 128GB in Raid | 2x1TB Seagate | Antec 750 Watt GamerSeries
Media Build:
Intel Core i3 3220 | Galaxy GTX 650 | 8 GB Corsair Vengeance | ASrock B75M | Samsung 840 120GB
NosBoost300 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.