next gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Ok ive had my 6600GT for almost a year now and its showing its age on games like F.E.A.R so im wanting to upgrade it. I havent been keeping up with whats happening with graphics card at the min, I last i read the 7800GTX had just been released, now ive heard ATIs cards are out. But i dont know how they compare. I DONT WANT TO START A FLAMING ATI VS NVIDIA THREAD. I just want to know what card will do the best job and not get bottlenecked by the rest of my system.

I would rather nvidia becaust its a straight swap and no messing about with drivers but if the ati is better value for money then i will go with the ATI card. Im not bothered ati or nvidia.

Also would it be worth waiting till just after christmas for a newer card or are they a long way off?

thanks

EDIT: it will be getting overclocked so that is a factor. But ill decide on a brand later on.

most likely a eVGA 7800GT will do the job for you unless you have more money then you can go with a 7800GTX 512MB

if you get an x1800xt or a 7800gtx you will get the same preformance give or take, but the 512mb 7800gtx (clock 550/1800) is coming out very soon (in a week or two I think) and it will blow away the x1800xt, but i think it will be expensive, but it will bring down the prices of the normal 7800gtx and x1800xt.

that 7800GTX 512mb sounds quite sweet. Looks like that will be the one ill go for then. But will it really give that much better performance over the 256? Because i know 128 is only just started to be abit lacking. Ill do some research now. I was thinking about a BFG OC card because im not in america so it is very very hard to get a eVGA card. If not BFG it will be MSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom