Newly Built PC, DVD-RW Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theace1

Beta member
I just built a new PC yesterday (my first time), went from a 2400+ XP, 500 MB SDRAM (Yes. SDRAM) and a crappy 5200FX to:

e4300 Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte 965 DS3
8800 GTS
Corsair 2 GB Dual Channel Ram
320 GB SATA Drive

Everything powers on fine, but my DVD-RW doesn't work correctly. I've tried 2 different ones (I took from my old computer) and both "work" but don't read my Windows XP disc correctly, and i got the system disk error. They both work in my old computer flawlessly, so I think It's something with the Mobo or BIOS. Maybe i got to set a setting? I read that this MOBO doesn't have good support for IDE? BIOS does recognize the drive.

I'd appreciate some help, as I'm very antsy and I want to use my new PC. I hate my old one. :beard:

Thank you.

man heres what i think is wrong ..
the data cable from the mobo to ur dvd rom and hard disk
heres how to plug them ..
on the primary cable .. plug the dvd rom (make it master ) and any other dvd u have ..
the secondary .. plug the hd on it .. and make it master ..
that way it will work nicly .. make sure to tell me what happens !

Check the back of the DVD drive for jumpers. Make sure that the jumper is set to Master and make sure the IDE cable is connected to the primary IDE channel.

Also, sometimes, i've seen a weird thing with IDE drives were with SATA HDD's the IDE's only work on "cable select" jumpers.

Thanks for the help.

I got it to work, however after I install the Windows set up files (the blue screen part) and it restarts, It goes straight back to the blue setup screen.

I tried booting it from the hard drive but it just restarts.

The cables are installed correct but I think I'm supposed to change a setting somewhere in the BIOS.

:(

I'm about to seriously give up. :bald:

I can still get it through the setup but when the PC restarts it doesn't boot off the hard drive to finish the installation. :mad: I've also did the f6 SATA floppy thing as well.

I really need some help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom