Newly Built PC, Cant Get Into to BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fission

Solid State Member
Hi, I just built my new computer, I put an ASUS P5K SE Motherboard in, new ram, a new power supply, an Nvidia 8600 GTS, and my old pentium core 2 duo processor. After I built the computer, I booted up and it seems like all the hardware works because the neons turn on, and all of the fans turn on. But when I boot up, nothing on the screen turns on, my friend suggested using the onboard monitor port, but my motherboard does not have one. I need your advice, I have already checked the ram to see if it is in the correct places. Also, I do not hear any sounds from the motherboard when it turns on.

Remove all hard drives, all cd drives, all floppy disk drives. You only want a single stick of memory in the first slot, your video card, and the cpu. Basically you want to use the least amount of components possible to get the machine up, then add stuff until it fails to post/boot. I had a similar issue when building my media pc. Hooked up everything and it wouldnt finish post and i couldnt get to the bios. Turned out to be the floppy drive had gone bad on me.

Kk I will try that. Please keep posting so I can try a few things, thanks.

I tried what you said, all I had in was my hard drive and my cd drive, and I just took the cd drive out and it didn't work.

Also, when I plug the PS/2 keyboard in, it seems like there is no power to it, and I don't think its the motherboard considering the heatsink fan works and it is attached to the motherboard.

A harddrive or ram will cause the system to boot not right. Ive never heard of a pentium core 2 processor though so that maybe ur problem, I know if u do not place the processor in just right, the system will power on but will fail to load.

Can u hear the system boot on and start accessing the harddrive? or just fans and lights on?

Do a very basic boot, remove all harddrives, just use ram, processor and graphics card.

No, i think you misread my post. These are what you WANT hooked up
1 stick of memory.
video card
cpu/heatsink
nothing else.

Yeah thats what I have hooked up and it still does nothing. This is so frustrating and Im wondering if I broke something.

Are all of your parts brand new? Do you have another similar machine anywhere that you might be able to switch some stuff between just to verify that everything is ok? Its possible you just got a DOA mobo or video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom