Newly built computer doesn't detect PCI cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydel

Beta member
My friend and I just finished building a brand new computer for him. Everything went together pretty easily, Windows installed without a hitch, but now there is a problem.

It has become evident that Windows XP Pro x64 doesn't detect the PCI cards we have installed (a D-Link 802.11g and a 7.1 channel audio card). We installed the motherboard's drivers, which were downloaded from their website. The motherboard is an MSI RX480 Neo2.

We did install a graphics card into the PCI express slot and that seems to work just fine.

Any ideas as to why it is not detecting the PCI cards?

does the BIOS have the extra slots disabled? go into the bios and cahnge that to disable, then start in safe mode... see if the cards are seen. If not, shut down... pulll the cards.... then start back up. let windows run and completely boot. do a soft shut down and insert one card in the top PCI slot. Start up and see if that works... if it does then wash, rinse, and repeat. :D

Dont forget to install the drivers for your pci cards the xp 64 bit edition is known to have alot of driver issues. Such as not having them...

DooH... forgot about that... yea... you might need to go to the company of the card and get a 64 bit driver. Good call... I forgot about that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom