Newegg Info Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl said:
I don't think you can tell the order to come from the nearest warehouse, which is in NJ to go to Florida. It depends on which warehouse has the product you're ordering. So if you order something and it's not available in the NJ warehouse, than it's going to have to come from one of the other warehouses.

The United States school system has failed us again.... I'm pretty sure Tennessee is closer to Florida than NJ. Anyway, since you're ordering many parts, chances are at least one package will ship from their California warehouse, so expect 3 days at the minimum just to get to your Florida location, and that's only if you order before 12pm pacific time.

KingAustin said:
The United States school system has failed us again.... I'm pretty sure Tennessee is closer to Florida than NJ. Anyway, since you're ordering many parts, chances are at least one package will ship from their California warehouse, so expect 3 days at the minimum just to get to your Florida location, and that's only if you order before 12pm pacific time.

Tennessee might be closer to Florida, however any time i order from newegg it ships from NJ. I've also never had anything ship straight from Cali, and when i order anything it usually gets here on the 3rd business day after i order it.

I was just saying IF something shipped from California, it would take at least 3 days. The NJ plant must be the same size as the California one since I've only gotten one thing from NJ. Most of my things take 3 days to get here, a little downside being in the middle of shipping locations, however no sales tax :p which has saved me approx. $175 :)

Argh, what was I thinking. Yes, TN is closer to Florida. I just forget about that warehouse, because I have never gotten anything from there. I always get my stuff from NJ, and rarely from California.

I've probably bought around $2000 total from Newegg, from monitors, every piece of hardware that goes in the case...

Processing
They usually process the order within 24 hours, and a fair amount of time the same day. Although I've had 'em take up to three days before, but that was a holiday weekend, so, yeah...:)

Timing
The cheapest shipping on Newegg (in general) is the "UPS 3-day Guarantee" - so the longest the majority will say is just that, three days... It all depends on where you're at relative to UPS's shipping routes... I always get my stuff in three days even though Tucson is relatively close to the warehouse in California - however if you lived in Phoenix...you'd almost always get it in two (since UPS routes through it).

And likewise as to what other's said...it could come from a different warehouse all together.

Damage
Everything I have purchased from Newegg has been extremely well packaged when it is a smaller item - graphics card, memory, etc. They put them in rather large boxes with plenty of protection - UPS can throw it around if they want. However, when it's a big item such as a computer case or monitor...they tend to ship it in the original box, and that is where the trouble comes in. I know a few people who've gotten a case dinged up thanks to UPS (and FedEx) along the way...since they're not padded all too great. It'd be interesting to see how they fare going across the ocean

Also, as b1gapl mentioned - they don't ship internationally - I know they were attempting to expand into Canada, but even that has not happened yet. From their FAQ:
Q: Does Newegg.com ship internationally?
A: Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico.

Lots of fun...:)

Yeah dude when I do get to order it really soon I let you know the out come of the packages from newegg after they have traveled the harsh waves of being shipped over seas.

Hey guys I would like to know about how many pounds is the average computer. like case, motherboard,video card,processor,memory,hard drive,power supply,burner. Cause I would like to know cause when I am getting it shipped to Jamaica they charge by the pound to clear it, so I would like to have an idea of how many pounds this would be. Please and thank you in advance for you help.

I think the average computer weight is in the range of 20-40lbs. The full towers, fully loaded is in the 60s. Well I guess at least for the cooler master cm stackers, because I know those things have to be heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom