Newbie Question On Reformatting >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
Well first off, the computer hasn't really been damaged much in the past. But I feel like I need to reformat it, but the problem with it is that I only have an old version of Windows XP Professional... The current version I'm using is Windows Xp Service Pack 2. So what should I do?...
I have 2 hard drives 120 and 160... for some reasont eh 160 is RAW and the 120 is NTFS so I'm pretty much trying to reformat both of them. I have inserted the disc in during reboot but the "Boot From CD" Screen doesn't come up for some reason

Thanks in advance~

You need to go into your BIOS and put your CD-ROM drive as your first boot device

Greg said:
You need to go into your BIOS and put your CD-ROM drive as your first boot device

true...

format your hd's in NTFS. I like to make one partition for OS and the rest for media... this way if you need to reformat, u dont loose all ur info.

Thanks, that helped a lot... but since this is my first time reformatting what should I do now? I've connected to teh internet sucessfully download and stuff sucessfully.. but when I went to check my graphic card it didn't show up... Do I have to do something else or is it just like that?

uhh... first you need to tell us what kind of parts you have, though we are sweet at what we do, we are not psychic.
if you got a video driver disk w/ your computer, put it in. basicly you need to reinstall everything

go to the page of your mobo manufacture, get updated bios drivers. go to the manufacture of your graphix chip set and do the same. for example i would go to MSI for bios updates/utilities then to nVidia for driver updates. I have avoided eVGA's utilities because i think alot of the feature's overlap nVidia's and I dont want conflicts. (eVGA made the card, nVidia made the chipset)
Usually if your video card is not being recognized, u probably need all your drivers for your motherboard installed still. simple windows updates will not do this, it has to do with backbone hardware recognition, not software updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom