Newbie here with some questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it's the 6600. I was figuring on just running everything as it comes, IE processor, vid card, etc.

as for a motherboard to house this processor, where whould I look? Does it make a difference which case I use?

gsteffens said:
as for a motherboard to house this processor, where whould I look? Does it make a difference which case I use?
Again, look at my http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/recommended-pc-components-159027/ guide, according to your budget, under Intel motherboards.

It sometimes makes a difference which case you use, but mostly not. Just make sure that the case is able to support at least form factor mATX and ATX, or just ATX. These form factors are the size standards for the motherboards.

Okay guys, here is a list I came up with after reading a bunch of threads and reviews. Let me know what ya think. The only one I have so far is the processor. Just waiting for my online banking to go through (always has a few day delay on stuff) so I can order up the case.

1. Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
(Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail)
2. Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM
(samsung DVD burner)
3. Antec NeoPower 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply
(Newegg.com - Antec NeoPower 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CE, FCC, CCC, CB, C-tick - Retail)
4. Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
(Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail)
5. Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
(Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM )
6. Newegg.com - ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
(ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail )
7. intel quad core 6600
Already have this one
8. ClubIT Product - GIGABYTE GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP & SLI Ready Video Card Retail GV-NX96T512H-B
(GIGABYTE GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP & SLI Ready Video Card Retail GV-NX96T512H-B)

Now when I finally piece all these together.... as for making it work. Is it a matter of connecting it all correctly, installing windows, and then the drivers for all the components? Or is it more than that?

Or should i cross that bridge when I get there?

Now when I finally piece all these together.... as for making it work. Is it a matter of connecting it all correctly, installing windows, and then the drivers for all the components? Or is it more than that?
That's the basics of it. If you have any questions during the building process, just feel free to ask.

Or should i cross that bridge when I get there?
You mean the SLI bridge? Nope. Don't cross. Only if you have a 24" monitor.

lol...But what did you mean by that?

I was asking how to install everything now, or if I should wait to do that until I actually have all the pieces, lol.

Yeah keyboard, monitor ETC those will all be decided later but I'm looking to get a pretty slick flatscreen.

Side question, does this forum take donations through say paypal to make a contribution? I like to donate to forums that really help me out and immediately you guys hae hooked me up!!

PM Trotter and DMo224 about that.

And it's so great, that you're considering on donating. Most of us don't, so kudos.

wow...You've donated to other forums before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom