newbie back with some motherboard questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteffens

Contributor
Hey guys I have been very busy with my jobs and school, but the computer this forum helped me put together is still working pretty good. It games great.

These are my specs as best as I can describe:

Case: Antec 900
CPU: Pentium core2 Quad 6600 (with a basic but upgraded heatsink)
MOBO: ABIT IP35E
RAM: 2X1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer
HD: Seagate Barracuda 160GB
VID: MSI Nvidia 512MB
PS: 550W NEO

I am getting sick of the double boot on the IP35E. I have read up on it and updating the BIOS only helps sometimes, or not at all, or makes things worse. Occasionally it will get stuck on the "ABIT" screen.

Is it possible to transfer all my guts over to a better motherboard? I know there will be some labor and I have to buy some more thermal paste and other odds and ends to do it right. I am just certain there are more stable and reliable boards out there.

Let me know if there are any recommendations!

Thanks much in advance!

George

Is it possible to transfer all my guts over to a better motherboard? I know there will be some labor and I have to buy some more thermal paste and other odds and ends to do it right. I am just certain there are more stable and reliable boards out there.
Yup, certainly possible, and pretty easy. I can't really recommend any particular mobos though.

I have read up on it and updating the BIOS only helps sometimes, or not at all, or makes things worse.
It's worth a try though before you try buying a new motherboard. And while it's possible to have negative effects, it's very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom