A newb story: Buying is done...time to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question 1: Looking at the temperature thread it would seem that 52C is a bit high for not being loaded....but not serious correct?

Question 2: Scored 6900 on 3D Mark, is that decent for pre overclock considering the build?

Question 3: What kind of performance increase can I expect from OC'ing the CPU and the Video card? Is it worth OC'ing the RAM as well?

1. temp sensors are not accurate on the 590SLI mobo for a brisbane (65nm) cpu. use your bios to determine the difference between what the programs say and what the temp actually is.

2. yes.

3. i went from mid-upper 5K's to right at 9K (i have 2 7900gs') when i overclocked everything to the hilt. its always worth overclocking. lol, if you are running benchmarks. no real need to do it with your rig, depending what you are doing with it. i run mine at about 2.7 all the time, with my ram at about 950. my cards are usually running as high as i am comfortable running them (525ish/850ish).

lol, here is another one...this will be my "before" shot. It will take a while but I'll get back to you guys with the after....i think I may give that dremel and drill plan a shot, clean it up alot!

[edit]You should see the 2 foot tail coming out the bottom of the comp from the PSU.[/edit]

[edit2]title of supremo techie to whoever can pick out the discrepancy between my sig and the photo[/edit2]

i believe that guy used a dremel to make the holes

my antec will look just as good once i get mine together. im a clean freak. i can't have wires showing

Messy wires is more manly.

Like the bearded motorcyclist once said "if I wasn't a mess I'd be in the mafia".

Do you want to be in the mafia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom