A newb story: Buying is done...time to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't activate anymore, it's probably because you installed and activated the serial too many times. Just activate it over the phone, and they will give you the activation number.

problem is I have a copy that came with my laptop which they won't activate for my desktop eventhough the original laptop is long dead. "Go buy a new copy that one is only good for your laptop even if you paid extra to have the OS installed at futur shop"

That just ****es me off....M$ is obviously hurting for cash to the point that squeezing another copy out of me is essential to their continued success. Anyways, got it working with a little effort, we're all good now.

Quick question, why do my two partitions only add up to 300GB and not the full 320? I'm accustomed to loosing a little but a full 20GB? Seems odd...

My 320 went to 280, after reformatting. Yea....it's weird that we lost that much.

Temperature check:

According to Everest all my temps are around 52C except for the HD which is around 32C. These temps normal for a standard load, nothing heavy running through it right now, just updating drivers, windows and installing programs etc...

Question 1: Looking at the temperature thread it would seem that 52C is a bit high for not being loaded....but not serious correct?

Question 2: Scored 6900 on 3D Mark, is that decent for pre overclock considering the build?

Question 3: What kind of performance increase can I expect from OC'ing the CPU and the Video card? Is it worth OC'ing the RAM as well?

Answer #1: 52C on your CPU for idle seems warm, but I'm guessing that's fine. How long have you had the AF64 running?

Answer #2: That's fine, but I'm pretty sure you could have gotten to about 10k+ for the score.

Answer #3: A huge performance increase if you increase the FSB on your CPU. Well OCing the CPU pretty much OC's your RAM as well. And for the VGA, it's just to get a better fps and faster response.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do with the CPU 52C is the temp, start up, no load, full load...all around 52-53C.

So do you mean that 10k is where it could get to when OCed or it should be around 10k stock now and something is holding it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom