New x38 motherboards, ASUS Maximus Formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_O I did some reading on the formula, seen some good numbers. Just curious is the formula SLI or no? I can't remember if I seen that or not XD I have a feeling no but I've been wrong before.

its not SLI compatible, i wish it were because i would SLI two 8800GT's :)

Why wait for X48? would just end up in the same predictament that we are in now. I dont plan on getting much more OC'ing out of this board then i would with a p35 board, its just more idiot proof and stable. For a newb like me its definitly worth the extra 30-50$

Iam just waiting personally.. id love some Pci 2.0 slots,true SLi, a nice board and AMD Phenom capable.. but thats just personal preference lol.

Until all the new stuff comes out Iam wondering if I can hold out on this PoS Frankenstein computer I have now... if not Ill prolly get a p35 board, couple gigs of dual channel ddr2 800 memory and the E6750 or so for processor.

I wouldn't consider any intel board to be very future proof since they will have their own form of hypertransport and be using ddr3 in late 08 which will require a new mobo. So personally I wouldn't spend a bunch of money to be "future proof".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom