New x38 motherboards, ASUS Maximus Formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racasdorph

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, Im looking to build a computer right around christmas, I have almost everything narrowed done!

The one thing im unsure of is the motherboard though. I would like to future proof my new pc if at all possible... looking at the x38 boards, would the ASUS Maximus Formula be the best board to get?

Ill be going with a q6600 G0 processor... I will use my new pc for heavy gaming and photoshop, illustrator, ect...

This will be my first time building a pc, but i would like to overclock this baby if at all possible!

i'd just stick with a p5k deluxe.

no need to get a X38 just yet. they aren't turning out to be what they were said to be.

i'd just stick with a p5k deluxe.

no need to get a X38 just yet. they aren't turning out to be what they were said to be.

What did they say they would be? True they are nothing amazing, but for the extra 30$ you will spend on it over the p5k has its benefits. Its a better overclocker, has PCI-e 2.0, better design layout ( vid card doesnt block up to 2 SATA RAID slots) and is pretty stable considering its a new board.

When i build my comp in the next week or so i will give you guys my thoughts on the board and see if it really lives up the hype.

Only other thing is if your planning on building this rig around christmas, there will probably be better versions of the X38 out.

o_O I did some reading on the formula, seen some good numbers. Just curious is the formula SLI or no? I can't remember if I seen that or not XD I have a feeling no but I've been wrong before.

What did they say they would be? True they are nothing amazing, but for the extra 30$ you will spend on it over the p5k has its benefits. Its a better overclocker, has PCI-e 2.0, better design layout ( vid card doesnt block up to 2 SATA RAID slots) and is pretty stable considering its a new board.

When i build my comp in the next week or so i will give you guys my thoughts on the board and see if it really lives up the hype.

Only other thing is if your planning on building this rig around christmas, there will probably be better versions of the X38 out.

don't expect too much more OC'ing than on a P35.

unless you are running DDR3 and PCI-e 2.0 i'd just stick with the P35 and wait on the X48 to come out later on in 08

don't expect too much more OC'ing than on a P35.

unless you are running DDR3 and PCI-e 2.0 i'd just stick with the P35 and wait on the X48 to come out later on in 08

o_O Wait for another new one? I thought people were still skeptical cause this was fairely new. When the x48 comes out it will be just like this but all over again? no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom