New VM Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
Just bought parts for a VM rig. Can't wait to get them.

Processors: 2x AMD Opteron 6134 x8 G34 @ 2.3Ghz
HSF: 2x Dynatron A5
Motherboard: Asus KGPE-D16
RAM: 12x4gig (48gig) Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 1066 ECC Registered
Hard Drives: 8x Seagate ES Constellation 1TB 7200 RPM S-ATA II
RAID: LSI MegaRAID 9240-i8 SAS2/SATAII PCI-e 2.0 8x (will be configuring 4 arrays of RAID 1)
PSU: Antec Quattro 1200w modular
Case: Lian-Li PC-A70F

Giggity

Hopefully I can get a few pics. It's for work though so I really can't do anything good.
I mean, I'll be the one building it and the only one around at the time but it will just be cell phone pics.

Mmmmkay I have some pictures now. Broken up into multiple posts since it says I can only post 10 images per.
I still have yet to receive my motherboards. Newegg and Purolator obviously do NOT know what the term "Express" means.

I apologize for the poor quality pictures. I took them with my BB 8130 in the server room, not the best of lighting.

I'll start off with the Lian Li A70F case

I was extremely surprised by how light it is. It would probably take 3 of these to weigh as much as my Cosmos. There is a generous amount of room to work with, plenty of spots to put hard drives with a rack of 7 and rack of 3. Air filters for the 2 front fans as well a removable grate for the top back fan for easy assess. It came with plenty of screws, a PSU cable manager and of course it's tool-less.

I was a bit annoyed however with some quality issues of the 2 cases. One case had marks on the motherboard tray, as well there was a finishing issue on the front of the case, seems like a burn mark. The pictures really didn't turn out good.
I mean, we get our butts handed to us at work if our metal finishing has blotches and stuff...and those parts go on the undercarriage of a car!
One other bad point. The PSU rails/rack are padded only on the bottom. They have lips that keep the PSU from moving side to side but they scratch the PSU!

Next up are mah babies. AMD Opty 6134 X8's and some Dynatron A5's doing the cooling
The Dynatron's do come with a thermal pad.

Picturs of the LSI cards
I got the Kits, so I have mini-SAS to 4 S-ATA connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom