New Video card, what to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and to get back on track, dartgande - you said in the other thread you have a 700 OCZ psu right??

You might want to check the amperage of the 12v rails on that against what the gtx295 needs. It should be ok, but i think it might be a bit close.

3dmark06 is a terrible game. And i already beat 3dmark vantage, so i dont play that one anymore. Honestly, unless you have a 30" monitor, the 260 is fine.

The power supply is fine...add the 12volt rails up and you have 72 amps.

I have that supply....it is rock solid.

What i like is that ive had my 285s for almost 6 weeks, and the price hasnt dropped :) Makes me feel good, cause i almost seem to buy something right before the price drops.

my lord, you have about a thousand invested in just the gpus alone. I am spending around 700 on a completely new build...

GTX 295 then? Bah, if it doesn't work I will create my own card from the souls of other lost cards! I just want to play on my 24" monitor as happily as possible for at least the next year, year and a half.

Oh, and Veedub, it is a wonderful monitor indeed! Thank you good sir!

Don't listen to the nvididoits, The ATI cards are a smarter choice. Those anandtech articles are very telling and I have yet to fully analyze them, but one thing is clear, the HD 4000 cards are much faster than people give them credit for, and people like phillbar will probably try to down play that as much as they can.

The GTX295 is the fastest, but things aren't as clear cut as they are being shown. Between the GTX285 and the 4850x2, the x2 is a better choice. If you have the cash and the monitor to warrant a GTX295 then I envy you. Otherwise, use your money wisely.

Well, I've got $800.00 that wasn't actually going towards anything, but I was going to be careful on how I spent it. I have a 24" monitor, and want to exploit it completely. I guess I will just shell out the money for the 295. I really am typically an ATI-card user, but the 295, apparently, is superior in every aspect, and I guess nothing comparable is coming out any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom