Baseband Member
Hey!

I currently have an XPS 410... specs:
- Vista Home Premium (32 Bit)
- 2Gig RAM
- Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 1.86GHz

Current Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
- PCI Express (64-Bit)

I was hoping to upgrade my video card to... (or something along these lines)
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

My PSU tells me DC OUTPUT - 375W

Will my PSU allow that card to run adequately? (Or are there other factors that play a role, other then just Watts)

Next part.. the RAM.

Like it says above, I currently have 2Gigs of RAM already, I'm looking to add 2 more.

A crucial.com scan tells me:
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-4200, DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 PC2-6400 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*
So I was hoping someone could send me a link to a quality, somewhat cheap set of sticks to buy that meet those requirements.

I found this: (Is G.SKILL well known to make a good product, I read a few reviews.. like your opinions as well)
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

might be able to handle a single card.

if you are going to upgrade ram, it'd be best to get another 2 gb of the EXACT sticks you already have

(btw windows vista 32 bit will only pick up 3.5gbish of ram, not the full 4gb)

(btw windows vista 32 bit will only pick up 3.5gbish of ram, not the full 4gb)
Yea, I've read about that... but that's fine.

How can I find out what my sticks are exactly? Is there a website/program/scanner that can help me out on that?

Or is it best just to take out one of the sticks and just look at that?

Oh didn't see that... stupid low resolution.... didn't scroll down

but you could just do with normal Wintec AMPX ram, they are good, and they are pretty good for their D9 Micron's (even though you can't overclock period with a Dell)

I need more info about your PSU like Amps on the 12v Rails, because wattage tells bull

18A? wow... thats barely 6 more than what my old P4 had, thats definitely too little

you need a new PSU, check out PC Power and Cooling's Dell Upgrade PSU's

18A? wow... thats barely 6 more than what my old P4 had, thats definitely too little

you need a new PSU, check out PC Power and Cooling's Dell Upgrade PSU's

Any that you might recommend?

Any help that I can get is awesome, and thanks for what you have done for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom