new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's just you ;) . So don't go sayin its better anywhere cause it isn't but you can say that you would get it cause thats just an opinion. The bridge between opnion and fact are very thin on these forums.

get the 7800gt thats what i have. i was gonna go up to the 7800gtx but people said it wasnt worth the money

i guess another question would be about hdr. i saw screenshot differences between card with out it and some with it. i would really like this feature. so does the gto2 support hdr? becuase i beleive the 6800gs does, i could be wrong though.

Originally the X800 series did not support HDR, but ATI has released drivers since then to add support for it.

man this has become a very tough choice. I initially was all for the 6800gs, now the x800gto2 sounds real nice as well. I guess it all comes down to price right now.

soooooo.....

if i go nvidia it is evga for sure.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130267

this is what i am aiming for. as the price is very good to me. as about $160 after rebate and shipping.

but if i decide to go x800gto2, who is a good retailer to buy this from, i don't want the ati equal to xfx.

kahlos said:
Ok like 003 said and me get the GTO2. Unlocking it doesn't make it any hotter than normal. Think of it like this. You have 12 roads but 4 of them have been closed for road works. You then finish the road works so you now have 16 roads. Theres no increase in anything bad. But you do have to really increase the clock speed. Even if you don't increase the clock speed its still faster than the 6800GS with its 12 pipelines. Like 003 said as well SM 2.0b has very very little difference between SM 3. If you do enable the features it slows the graphics down loads. I've tried it and as have been said before the Nvida cards don't have true SM 3.0 support anyway :p . So out of my experience the GTO2 is a far better card. You should need a new PSU. 375 should be enough but it really depends on how much the other components use.

who told u that nvidia doesn't have true SM 3.0, just go to ****.

nvidia all the way :) :) :)

Sapphire is the top choice for ATI. Those are the cards i've always bought and i've never had any problems other then with my 9700 pro All in wonder which overheated and graphic gliched like insane. But i've had 3 since then with no problems at all.

maroon1 said:
who told u that nvidia doesn't have true SM 3.0, just go to ****.

nvidia all the way :) :) :)
The GeForce 6 series does "support" SM3, but it fails the WHQL SM3 tests. Sapphire is the best for ATI. HIS is also good but very overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom