New user- My computer build HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewsmc

Solid State Member
Hey guys.. Im a new user. Looking for info and guidance. So it would be helpful. I have compiled a list of part to make my computer i would like. Iw as wondering if some of you would take a look and let me know if everything is compatable with all the components. Yes im a noob, So lets not flame if i messed up. Thanks. But anyway any help would be great, Along with suggestions on how i could save a buck or even make a better choice. Money is not too much of a problem concidering everything is going to be bought over a period of a few months. Thanks and here is my list. PS I didnt put like the mouse or anything Just basic computer things

1. Newegg.com - HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 HDS721075KLA330 (0A35154) 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
2. Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADDU GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
3. Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
4. Newegg.com - ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
5. Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
6. Newegg.com - ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 120mm 2-ball UFO Bearing / Transparent CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
7. Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
8. Newegg.com - Thermaltake toughpower W0117RU 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, CB, TUV, FCC, UL, CUL, and BSMI certified - Power Supplies

That shows empty for me, I don't think we will be able to view that. I would recommend buying most everything at once though. That way if there is a limited warranty that only lasts a few months on something, and you get that first than months later when you go to build it that item doesn't work you won't be screwed and have to buy a new part. Post the separate links to everything, or just type out what you're looking at.

lol yeah, make a new thread. Andrew, wow that must be expensive as **** lol. Definitely a good system though. That will all work together and will be amazing. If you are running vista with all that high performance hardware, I might reccomend 4 gigs of ram instead of 2. Up to you though

Yea im going to get 4 just didnt want to past it twice.. I hope it is... Im just afraid of getting some parts that dont clash well or something.. Like ram not working with processor and junk like that. And i was curios if the processer is going to be suitable. Or if i can get a better one for a small amount of extra money because there are alot of processors and im kinda confused...

And.. Actualy i really dont even plan on using vista... I like xp much better

Nah that processor will be amazing. i mean if your made of money, then go for it get an even better one. If not that one will be great.

Just note. I do not want to have to upgrade for a long time. And i want this to be a complete gaming system. So i will definatly want 4 gigs.. I want it all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom