new user building computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, some programs are multi core optimized. Like cad is one that is. so the q6600 is still your best bet.

ok cool. any recommendations on monitors around 24"? also, am i able to run 2 monitors off of that graphics card? or do i just need some adapter or something

ok cool. any recommendations on monitors around 24"? also, am i able to run 2 monitors off of that graphics card? or do i just need some adapter or something

DONT double post! Edit your previous post.
You can run two monitors off of one card. They have two outputs.

as for the ram, I am not sure. 250 seems like about right though

will this work for ram or does anyone know of a better option
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 8GB(4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Quad Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

also, does anyone have any specific recommendations on motherboards

Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

cheaper

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

also this one has almost all of the same features, except it has a max of 1333mhz fsb, and only has 6 sata. pretty good board in my opinion, never had a problem with DFI, and this one is also a little cheaper

if i just bought 2 of those would it be basically the same thing as the 4x2gb? or are they built differently

ok cool thanks. are there any brands or any specs to look for other than size that makes one better than the other in terms of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom