New Ultimate Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet cheers guru, That sites seems awesome. I'm almost definatly going to get my case from there. Although I think I may hold back on ordering till the new GT280 comes out.

I still don't know why anyone would spend 10 grand on a computer that would become outdated in like 6 months :p

you can probably get 99% as much for under 2 grand :)

SLI is not a waste if you are using a 24" or 30" monitor. And the new 9 series cards scale around 80-90%. I'm running 9800GTX sli and get close to full 100% scaling in age of conan.

sli 9800gx2's loose the a single gx2 by itself in some cases. and in alot of games 9800gtx in sli barley makes a difference eg. ut3. There are some games like bioshock where sli 9800gtx's does perform better and close to 60%. at higher resolutions and increasing AA it does help to have sli but sli 9800gtx's is stupid when u could just buy one gx2.

the other thing is being left with two cards when a new card comes out that will do better then ur new sli.

imo video cards out date, but sli out dates quicker.

WTH you guys, why has no one reccomended RAID? Or givin the OP's huge budget the new western digital Velociraptor's, or even solid state hdd's? Solid state goes up to around 250gb now so storage would be plenty. I know the perforance gain for these is minimal but he asked for "The Best".

/End Rant.

this is for gaming. hard drives do send instructions to the ram but speeds for this are not an issue. that will give u better boot speeds and write speeds/install but thats got nothing to do with gaming.

I know that but i always hate loading times in games, so i got RAID myself and it helps somewhat. Also i agree with the case recommended by thirdshiftdj, im thinking of getting one myself.

Yeh, I was thinking about having a small SSD of 16GB to load Vista onto, and then have a 500GB that I already own for everything else.
Also I'm having a dilema between getting a Q6600 and QX9650 - I could afford the QX but don't want to be throwing money away if the performance increase would be minimal. I'm almost defeinatly gonna get water cooling so I'll be able to O'C the cpu quite a bit.

sli 9800gx2's loose the a single gx2 by itself in some cases. and in alot of games 9800gtx in sli barley makes a difference eg. ut3. There are some games like bioshock where sli 9800gtx's does perform better and close to 60%. at higher resolutions and increasing AA it does help to have sli but sli 9800gtx's is stupid when u could just buy one gx2.

the other thing is being left with two cards when a new card comes out that will do better then ur new sli.

imo video cards out date, but sli out dates quicker.

Baron you do realize that i had quad SLI with 2 9800GX2's and sold them to buy 2 9800GTX right?

Also, what case was that linked earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom